New from Colorado
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New from Colorado within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, I am new and slowly getting into the WRX world. I am contemplating trading my Tacoma in for ...

New from Colorado

Hi all,

I am new and slowly getting into the WRX world. I am contemplating trading my Tacoma in for a WRX, my middle son thinks I should and
    he is in love with the WRX and WRX STI models. I wouldn't mind either model and one day will.

Hope to learn a lot about them before I invest in one and look forward to getting to know people here.

A little about me, I am a Former Gunner's Mate for the Navy and I unfortunatly missed all the fun as I got out
    right before all the fun started. Had a great time seeing the world. I am in the oilfield and car and firearms are
    my hobbies. I was a mechanic before that so most anything to do with wrenching or electrical issues isnt much of a problem
    for me.

GM2
    Navy SEAL Danny Phillip Dietz Jr. KIA - 6/28/05

"Remember, It's just a bad dream Fatboy!!!!!!"
    -Pvt. Cowboy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, follow the link in my signature for some info and read all the sticky threads in each forum for more.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Hi, follow the link in my signature for some info and read all the sticky threads in each forum for more.
    SD_GR

Appreciate the info and I will definalty start reading up on the link you have provided.

Ill buy ya a beer next time I make it to California!!!!
    I make it out to San Diego,Newport Beach, LA, Fresno and San Fran about 1-2 times a year for them all
    for work and for fun.

GM2

-Pvt. Cowboy

Welcome!

WRX's make pretty awesome Colorado cars. Not too many other cars can give you the pure fun factor while still being capable in our winters.

As a side note... I'd strongly consider buying the car from out of state. It's a pain, but these cars have INSANE resale value here. I could sell mine (70k miles and 3 years later) for about $2k less than I bought it for. Get one from Arizona or New Mexico and you're golden.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome,

I own a 2004 WRX wagon ( Florida plates) with just under 50,000 miles which I keep in Frisco, up in the mountains. Question for anyone with knowledge, I want more clearance under the car for winter snow conditions, rides kinda low IMHO. I know how to drive the car pretty well but very ignorant with pretty much everything else. What is recommended.....new shocks, springs ......I have no clue.......anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Welcome!

WRX's make pretty awesome Colorado cars. Not too many other cars can give you the pure fun factor while still being capable in our winters.

As a side note... I'd strongly consider buying the car from out of state. It's a pain, but these cars have INSANE resale value here. I could sell mine (70k miles and 3 years later) for about $2k less than I bought it for. Get one from Arizona or New Mexico and you're golden.
    ^^This is advice is SPOT ON.

Hi and welcome! I also hail from Colorado. I bought my car over the phone from Subaru Santa Clarita in California. I got the '13 special edition for THOUSANDS less than what dealers were asking for here in Colorado (as well as the east coast. I looked everywhere!) This was my first new car purchase, and surprisingly, working with an out-of-state dealer was a very smooth process.

If you end up getting a WRX, be sure to check out our Colorado regional page here on clubwrx. We post all the happenings here in state, including car meets, mountain cruises, ect. It's a great group of people! Link --->> Colorado Member's Forum

Best wishes,
    Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by joev View Post
    Welcome,

I own a 2004 WRX wagon ( Florida plates) with just under 50,000 miles which I keep in Frisco, up in the mountains. Question for anyone with knowledge, I want more clearance under the car for winter snow conditions, rides kinda low IMHO. I know how to drive the car pretty well but very ignorant with pretty much everything else. What is recommended.....new shocks, springs ......I have no clue.......anyone?
    If the car isn't lowered, I wouldn't worry about it. With a good set of snow tires, I've never had issues even when living in Tahoe when we got 800+ inches of snow in a season. I've had to shovel out next to my car so I could open the door, but then proceeded to back straight through the snow behind it and then drive off through the rest of the unplowed lot.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    ^^This is advice is SPOT ON.

Hi and welcome! I also hail from Colorado. I bought my car over the phone from Subaru Santa Clarita in California. I got the '13 special edition for THOUSANDS less than what dealers were asking for here in Colorado (as well as the east coast. I looked everywhere!)
    One modification to the above. I ended up getting written quotes from out of state dealers at their local prices. Then took the best quote (Chicago dealer) and the dealer in Pueblo was able to price match that quote. I did have to drive to Pueblo from Colo Springs to purchase my car, but that was well worth the 30 minute drive. Not all dealers in Colorado were willing to do that, but Pueblo Subaru was......

Just another though.

First off.... Thank you for serving our country. Reason I reached out is because I made the move from a 05 Tacoma sport to a 2012 wrx sedan. Absolutely loved my Tacoma and hated to see it go, got great deal put on the table and couldn't pass it up. Didn't grab the STi but I'm also a father and not lookin to be so fast and furious. Dont get me wrong... it still whips! Hard not to push it a little when the punks jump up to get beat down, but those days are behind me, I hope. All in all, easy adjustment since the two vehicles are so different, both fun to drive. Tacoma was a beast, but the rex performs. Can't go wrong in my opinion, good luck!

You seem FAMILIAR...

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeschke View Post
    You seem FAMILIAR...
    What do you mean? I am on other forums, mainly firearm related boards though.

I am not unfamilair with forums and use the same screenname and avatar on the gun boards I belong to.

-Pvt. Cowboy

Yup, thought I recognized the avatar. Just a little GD humor I guess. Hope I didn't ruffle your feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeschke View Post
    Yup, thought I recognized the avatar. Just a little GD humor I guess. Hope I didn't ruffle your feathers.
    No ruffling, have thick skin.......are you familiar on arfcom?

-Pvt. Cowboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast