Bluetooth syncing up automatically?

This is a discussion on Bluetooth syncing up automatically? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, So I've had my WRX for a couple of months now and haven't really looked into this issue, ...

Bluetooth syncing up automatically?

Hey guys,

So I've had my WRX for a couple of months now and haven't really looked into this issue, but I was wondering if anyone had any comments/suggestions... My iPhone 5 is linked up to the bluetooth, however when I start up my car it doesn't sync automatically. I always have to open my phone and pair the phone manually. Is this the same for all other iPhone users?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you keeping Bluetooth active on your phone at all times?

I have a smart phone and have the same issue... it's a new warp II or something like that (i'm not a techy), but I find that I have to turn on and off my phone's Bluetooth and then it syncs right up.

Annoying but that's what the dealer told me I had to do after I brought it in because my phone wasn't on the coordinated list (I was only partially listening at that time).
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

Are you pairing it via the steering wheel buttons and voice or the via the radio? If the latter, try the former

I pair it by accessing my phone, going into settings, bluetooth, then clicking on CARMMEDIA.

Quote Originally Posted by thomgary524 View Post
    I pair it by accessing my phone, going into settings, bluetooth, then clicking on CARMMEDIA.
    Delete it from your phone. Then use the steering wheel talk button to pair it again.

It worked! Thanks a lot hisdigness!

Quote Originally Posted by thomgary524 View Post
    It worked! Thanks a lot hisdigness!
    Great! You are quite welcome.

Very helpful post, I was running into the same issue in my '14 WRX. Adding the phone via the voice commands resolved the issue. Thanks!!!!
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Cobb Stage I