New member, 2013 Hatch.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member, 2013 Hatch. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi there! I have about 1600 miles on my new 2013 WRX Premium WRB 5-door. Babied it for the first ...

New member, 2013 Hatch.

Hi there! I have about 1600 miles on my new 2013 WRX Premium WRB 5-door. Babied it for the first 1k, it's been great getting over that 1k mark and being able to have fun with some pulls! I have wanted a WRX for about 10 years, since I first started driving, and finally bit the bullet and got myself one. I had first driven the BRZ because of the sporty feel, but it just didn't come close to a rex. I live in the Northwest, so I have to deal with winters as well, making the rex an obvious choice.

I'm planning on leaving it mostly stock throughout my warranty. Mainly just visual improvements for now. I have painted my tails with nightshade red, de-badged rear+front grill, plasti-dip'd my wheels/side logos. I had 15% Ceramic tint put on.

My future to do list:

Wheels & Tires in spring. (Winter is pretty soon, I plan on getting winter tires put on my stock rims and keeping them as winter rims/tires)
    Front lip
    Replacement mesh grille without emblem
    Mudflaps. I'm thinking the rallyarmors in black with the blue matching "rallyarmor" logo.
    cbe
    intake
    dp
    accessport

The performance mods will come later, I really want to just stick with the warranty until it expires. I might also wait to do a full exhaust system and just do a TBE with a tune. I really enjoy the sound of the muffler delete on the wrx. I unbolted it today and listened, to my surprise it was quite nice (IMO!). I would invest into an Axleback but I don't think it's worth it because I want to just replace the whole system at some point. I may just get a shop to make me a pipe for the delete. What are your opinions on this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	243.8 KB 
ID:	115962

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	115961

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	115963

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice color choice

Thank you.

Very nice :-)
    2013 WRX Premium SWP HB Stage 2
    1976 Corvette Stingray black
    2008 WRX Basic CBS HB TRADED IN
    2002 WRX Basic WRB SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from NJ!

Excellent color and good mod list. FYI, warranty will not be voided with any work. They can deny you a claim if they see you've done work and your engine blow, for instance. But your warranty will not be void if you do work (i.e. you put in sways and endlinks and your tranny goes, they cannot deny that claim and it'd be under warranty as long as the tranny was being properly used).

Ill be going the same way though. I won't be doing anything except aesthetics until 36K miles.

Enjoy the car! Can't wait for mine.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Hi and welcome from Colorado!

The car looks gorgeous. Your mod list looks pretty similar to mine... keep us updated on any work you do!

-Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by steezle View Post
    The performance mods will come later, I really want to just stick with the warranty until it expires. I might also wait to do a full exhaust system and just do a TBE with a tune. I really enjoy the sound of the muffler delete on the wrx. I unbolted it today and listened, to my surprise it was quite nice (IMO!). I would invest into an Axleback but I don't think it's worth it because I want to just replace the whole system at some point. I may just get a shop to make me a pipe for the delete. What are your opinions on this?
    As far as exhausts go, you can always get your favorite axleback or catback (axleback + midpipe) system now for sound, and then get a matching midpipe (if you just have the axleback) and downpipe later with a tune (which makes it a turboback system). No need to replace the axleback or catback...unless your taste changes.

Thanks for the info guys! I do understand that a warranty claim can only be denied if the modification directly effects it. I'm just not going to waste money on any performance mods if I don't already have a tune on the car. Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    As far as exhausts go, you can always get your favorite axleback or catback (axleback + midpipe) system now for sound, and then get a matching midpipe (if you just have the axleback) and downpipe later with a tune (which makes it a turboback system). No need to replace the axleback or catback...unless your taste changes.
    I guess in all reality, I'm just trying to be cheap until next year. I dumped a good portion of my savings into my down payment and I need to rebuild that before putting any REAL cash into the car. Small things like flaps will be done soon (actually thinking about ordering these tonight: Subaru STI Rally Mud Flaps Hatchback 5 Door 08 09 10 11 12 Rokblokz | eBay )

The muffler delete should be cheap, and easy. I plan on having a shop make the bends for me, and I will install it myself. I want to keep a quad tip, or at least dual tip system for looks. I also found this on Ebay while looking around OBX Axleback Exhaust System Subaru Impreza 08 13 STI 11 13 WRX Wagon Hatchback | eBay but I have no idea if it's any good.

I think muffler delete is a better cheap ass option for myself until I just replace the entire thing (TBE).

I'm also ordering Subaru Impreza WRX STI V Limited JDM 2011 12 P P Front Bumper Lip Spoiler | eBay tonight.

I'll post up when I get these put on with some updated pics!

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UGeRBK_n28 I found this video of OBX CBE, which shouldn't be TOO much different than the axleback sound. It sounds pretty decent.
    Last edited by steezle; 09-02-2013 at 10:54 PM.

I Support ClubWRX

I only worry about the quality, look forward to hearing how this is constructed. Does anyone have one?

~ jtk07~
    using Tapatalk - please disregard typos!

Quote Originally Posted by jtk07 View Post
    I only worry about the quality, look forward to hearing how this is constructed. Does anyone have one?
    I got this link from some thread of either this site or nasoic. It's supposed to be pretty decent.

Welcome and congrats

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thank you! I'm really considering giving this thing a shot, I don't want anything overwhelmingly loud and it should not be all that bad according to the small amount of information I have found on this.

OBX Axleback Exhaust System Subaru Impreza 08 13 STI 11 13 WRX Wagon Hatchback | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by jtk07 View Post

~ jtk07~
    using Tapatalk - please disregard typos!
    i HAD one and it broke during a snow storm. removed it and never looked back. :lol: for the price, they are decent quality but the bolts and nuts that come with it are garbage. most folks over @ NASIOC just went to Lowes or Home Depot and got regular nuts and blots.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Thanks for the info guys! I do understand that a warranty claim can only be denied if the modification directly effects it. I'm just not going to waste money on any performance mods if I don't already have a tune on the car. Pointless.

I guess in all reality, I'm just trying to be cheap until next year. I dumped a good portion of my savings into my down payment and I need to rebuild that before putting any REAL cash into the car. Small things like flaps will be done soon (actually thinking about ordering these tonight: Subaru STI Rally Mud Flaps Hatchback 5 Door 08 09 10 11 12 Rokblokz | eBay )

The muffler delete should be cheap, and easy. I plan on having a shop make the bends for me, and I will install it myself. I want to keep a quad tip, or at least dual tip system for looks. I also found this on Ebay while looking around OBX Axleback Exhaust System Subaru Impreza 08 13 STI 11 13 WRX Wagon Hatchback | eBay but I have no idea if it's any good.

I think muffler delete is a better cheap ass option for myself until I just replace the entire thing (TBE).
    I'm not really sure you understand how the exhaust system works on this car. You can buy whatever catback you would want anyways. Bolt it on to the stock downpipe. And roll with it till 36k miles. Then buy a downpipe and a tuner and whatnot.
    Just some brief points on these cars

1. You don't need a tune for a catback, so you won't be "wasting your money on performance mods without a tune" with a catback, because.......
    2. You won't make power with a catback, not even with a tune, power comes from the downpipe. I've seen 470whp through a stock catback if your wondering(xluben on nasioc, or check his YouTube vids)
    3. A catback will in no way affect any part of a warranty
    4. You won't be wasting any money on a quality catback. You can bolt a bigger dp on later and the catback will hook up to it.
    5. If you do "the entire thing(TBE)" you will need a tune and that will void your warranty. You cannot safely change the downpipe without a tune on these cars
    6. Instead of some Chinese made crap ebay exhaust I suggest you save up and buy a quality catback. That way you won't be throwing your money away when you eventually go stage 2.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.