New member, 2013 Hatch. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New member, 2013 Hatch. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had the nameless magnaflow muffler on my 11 wrx hatch. After 15k I had to take it off. The ...

I had the nameless magnaflow muffler on my 11 wrx hatch. After 15k I had to take it off. The drone at cruising speed made the car Undrivable for me. I don't consider myself overly sensitive to noise, but I do spend a lot of time in my car (30k per year or more). At first i thought it was a great exhaust, but overtime, it became loud. I tried wrapping it, foam in the spare tire area, etc to try to reduce the noise to no avail. I am back to stock for now. Considering a maddad whisper but not liking to price. Aside from the cruising drone (when hot especially) it did sound great. Good luck. I would love to try the 5" version to see of that configuration has different acoustics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew862 View Post
    I had the nameless magnaflow muffler on my 11 wrx hatch. After 15k I had to take it off. The drone at cruising speed made the car Undrivable for me. I don't consider myself overly sensitive to noise, but I do spend a lot of time in my car (30k per year or more). At first i thought it was a great exhaust, but overtime, it became loud. I tried wrapping it, foam in the spare tire area, etc to try to reduce the noise to no avail. I am back to stock for now. Considering a maddad whisper but not liking to price. Aside from the cruising drone (when hot especially) it did sound great. Good luck. I would love to try the 5" version to see of that configuration has different acoustics.
    Thanks for the feedback man.

My Nameless Performance 5" Muffler axleback is showing up today. Can't wait to put it on tonight!

On a side note, I originally paid for the extended warranty for 7 years. The car was purchased in late July. Is it possible to cancel an extended warranty?

My Nameless Performance 5" Muffler axleback is showing up today. Can't wait to put it on tonight!

On a side note, I originally paid for the extended warranty for 7 years. The car was purchased in late July. Is it possible to cancel an extended warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by steezle View Post

I have the Nameless 5" Muffler Catback, resonator in the midpipe, and 3.5" single wall tips on my hatch. I love it!

Regarding your extended warranty, I'm pretty sure you can cancel it and get a pro-rated refund.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    I have the Nameless 5" Muffler Catback, resonator in the midpipe, and 3.5" single wall tips on my hatch. I love it!

Regarding your extended warranty, I'm pretty sure you can cancel it and get a pro-rated refund.
    Any chance we could get some sound clips?

~ jtk07~
    using Tapatalk - please disregard typos!

Just an update; I've put over 3k miles on the car already. The 5" muffler Nameless is just perfect for my taste. It's not overly loud, but you can definitely hear it while you drive. I don't get much drone at all on the highway compared to some of my other cars I have owned.

Car has been great, running like a charm. Had the oil changed at 2500. It's getting close to winter up here in Idaho, snow has started to come but hasn't stuck yet.

My to-do list in order is:
    Winter Tires to put on my stock rims
    Kartboy SS + Bushings
    Sways
    New rims/wheels in spring
    Cobb AP

The AP I have been having a hard time with, I still can't decide if I want to pay to play yet . I'm just overly nervous about something happening to my engine and getting a warranty claim denied. My salesperson at the dealership says to me that a lot of owners in the Spokane area put the AP tune on the car and just change it back to stock tune when they take it in. He says the AP is undetectable but I know that is incorrect. From what I have read, Subaru can tell when the last flash was done if they need to do any major engine warranty repairs.

I'll get some winter pics up when the snow starts to stick!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.