staight pipe on 02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on staight pipe on 02 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up all I am new to the forum just bought my first subi 02 wrx and it has a ...

staight pipe on 02 wrx

What's up all I am new to the forum just bought my first subi 02 wrx and it has a 3in catted pipe and a straight pipe am I losing power like this if so what would be a good muffler I don't mind loud at all I like it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Welcome

Straight pipe is the most free flowing design. You're not losing power.

Punctuation is good too.

Are you tuned? If not, you're missing out on a lot of potential power.

Also, look at your up-pipe. It would benefit you to replace with a catless model.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Welcome

Straight pipe is the most free flowing design. You're not losing power.

Punctuation is good too.

Are you tuned? If not, you're missing out on a lot of potential power.

Also, look at your up-pipe. It would benefit you to replace with a catless model.

Not tuned yet got a cobb sf intake and box on the way along witht the cobb v2 tuner I have a catted up pipe any suggestions on a brand to go with going to pro tune after a few more upgrades

Grimmspeed for the up-pipe.

Up pipe intake and tune should take me to stage 2 correct?

Stage 2 minimun requirements are downpipe and tune, If you're referring to Cobb's definitions. So yep, Up-pipe, Downpipe, and intake will take you to stage 2.

some side notes, Intake at stage 2 is just for noise, not totally necessary but sounds damn cool, I have the same intake and it sounds sweet.
    also, Consider wrapping the cobb intake box in some heat reflective tape to keep the intake temps down. The cobb box is a bad design, it's made out of metal, which i'm sure you learned in physics/chemistry is a conductor. So it's just going to attract and store the heat from the engine. Either leave it off or wrap it in some heat reflective tape to make it more usefull. That's why the stock airbox is plastic. Plastics are non-metals a.k.a. insulators, and will not soak up the heat like metal will.

So the air box not the best is there any other mods u would suggest

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slothman View Post
    Yeah, modding your grammar and punctuation to readable levels would be a great start!

Check out this thread for answers to your questions: First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Side note, I have relatives who live in Anza. It's such a tiny town, you probably know them.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

The box is not the best, but the intake sounds awesome! like I said, I have the Cobb intake as well.

The best thing to reduce intake temps with a short ram in addition to the heat reflective tape, would be to wrap or ceramic coat the downpipe/headers/up-pipe. You'll also get some faster spool up with that, might be worth while to wrap them before you install them. Maybe a turbo blanket too. You are eliminating the heat shields when you take off the stock exhaust, so wrap would not be too bad and a turbo blanket is a great compliment to the turbo heat shield. Those will eliminate the largest heat sources under the hood. None of these things are necessary though. You'll be perfectly fine without the things I'm mentioning, especially if you don't constantly sit in gridlock.

I'm just always very OCD about my car.

just got done installing intake and it sounds great! going to order my up and down pipes and going to tune thanks

got my cobb v3 ap intalled today just did a stage 1 map and it is awesome. got headers,up and downpipe on the way going stage 2 soon

What's up all I am new to the forum just bought my first subi 02 wrx and it has a 3in catted pipe and a straight pipe am I losing power like this if so what would be a good muffler I don't mind loud at all I like it
    straight pipe on a street legal road car isnt cool, its lame. put a real catback on it and elevate it out of ricedom
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Wow u r a hater get off my post

Wow u r a hater get a life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.