New Car New Member But Still Waiting!

This is a discussion on New Car New Member But Still Waiting! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, Just wondering how long does it take for a wrx to ship overseas. From what the dealer says, ...

New Car New Member But Still Waiting!

Hey guys,

Just wondering how long does it take for a wrx to ship overseas. From what the dealer says, it has passed customs and it maybe arrive this weekend or the following week.

My question is how long does it take a car to arrive to the dealership after passing customs?

Thanks people! I am just extremely anxious for my new baby! blahhhhh

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The dealership would probably be your best source of information, since they likely do this on a somewhat regular basis...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The dealership would probably be your best source of information, since they likely do this on a somewhat regular basis...
    Yeah I called the dealership and they said might come in this weekend or sometime next week! So hard to wait when the car is so close! =]

What did you order and when?
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

Quote Originally Posted by dknow View Post
    What did you order and when?
    2013 Subaru Wrx Sedan and like two weeks ago? The dealership said it was already produced but shipping over as the last of 13' model so they said it would come near the end of the month. I called in today and asked where the car is and he said that it passed customs and maybe coming this weekend or later next week! I just wanted to know the estimated time it will arrive since I couldn't stop waking up in the middle of the night dreaming my car is outside! =\

If the dealer was telling the truth and it already cleared Customs, the only aspect left is for the dealer to arrange the movement to the dealership from the port of arrival. I would imagine that the dealer would be relatively quick about doing so, not only because the longer it remains at the port the greater risk to the vehicles, but also because they could potentially accrue storage fees.

You could ask the dealer if they know what the port of arrival/clearance was for the vehicle. If it was LAX, for example, chances are pretty good for them receiving it either this weekend or early next week.