Proud Texas Subaru owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Proud Texas Subaru owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Congrats on the car. When I got mine I focused on cosmetic mods rather then performance I was more then ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the car. When I got mine I focused on cosmetic mods rather then performance I was more then happy with the way the car (dont get me wrong I can always use more power).

• antenna - not really need im not a fan of the long antenna but I can deal with it.
    • clear bra maybe? - If you have the money I would get it
    • Cat back exhaust - I have the SPT I like the sound I recently took a road trip from NJ to TX and after a while there was a drone but I drive about 2hrs a day and for that commute a louder exhaust doesnt bother me.
    • Turbo heat shield - You shouldn't need one until you get a new Downpipe.
    • Strut tower bar - spend the money on sway bars and bushings
    • Cold air intake - Not needed yet that stock airbox should be good though if you want to hear the Blow off\Recirculating valve then this is the way to go but you would need a tune.

maybe you would also consider a new head unit, tail light overlays and also look into Plasti Dip and have some fun with that.

Good luck with the car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Congrats on the car. When I got mine I focused on cosmetic mods rather then performance I was more then happy with the way the car (dont get me wrong I can always use more power).

antenna - not really need im not a fan of the long antenna but I can deal with it.
    clear bra maybe? - If you have the money I would get it
    Cat back exhaust - I have the SPT I like the sound I recently took a road trip from NJ to TX and after a while there was a drone but I drive about 2hrs a day and for that commute a louder exhaust doesnt bother me.
    Turbo heat shield - You shouldn't need one until you get a new Downpipe.
    Strut tower bar - spend the money on sway bars and bushings
    Cold air intake - Not needed yet that stock airbox should be good though if you want to hear the Blow off\Recirculating valve then this is the way to go but you would need a tune.

maybe you would also consider a new head unit, tail light overlays and also look into Plasti Dip and have some fun with that.

Good luck with the car.
    Thanks for the kind words, I am looking into a lot of these things!

~ jtk07~
    using Tapatalk - please disregard typos!

For the texas law on the plates it was not passed as no one voted. And also fine went up to 200$. Sorry man you will need front and back plates. Look up txic on facebook for the texas subaru club. One of the members but up the article.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

http://openstates.org/tx/bills/83/HB625/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pillowpanys1987 View Post
    For the texas law on the plates it was not passed as no one voted. And also fine went up to 200$. Sorry man you will need front and back plates. Look up txic on facebook for the texas subaru club. One of the members but up the article.

Well you sir take the win on this debate. None the less I will find something to relocate it as impractically as I can. As for these politicians we must keep in mind that we elect them in and can contact them in regards to their poor choices. I honestly know no one interested in keeping this tacky tag on the front of the car. Some people don't care and others hate it. I guess the only ones who want it might be the police, custom plate holders and big brother...

None the less I apologize for what I imagine as wishful thinking/hoping and miss guided information.

~ jtk07~

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    For the texas law on the plates it was not passed as no one voted.

Precisely what I figured would happen.. I'll go on not caring. For those of us who have never installed a front plate this changes nothing.

I know the feeling I was excited to take mine off then guy posted that sad news haha.

I Support ClubWRX
    I know the feeling I was excited to take mine off then guy posted that sad news haha.

I'm working on a default letter to send all these Texas politicians in regards to this topic. We often need to remind them they were voted in and can be votes out. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Saw on another forum I am on that this is a big win for the Leo's, another reason to stop cars (typically performance cars) and something to point the laser radar guns at.

Also thinking about getting something like the link below. I want to mention I do NOT KNOW the quality or legality of the product linked, I do not work for them or endorse the sale of the products in any way nor do I take responsibility for anyone purchasing and receiving less than satisfactory results, including but not limited to fines, loss of license ect.

http://www.ontrackcorp.com/laser-shield.cfm

~ jtk07~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12