Clutch :(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clutch :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need a new clutch its starting to slip when in gear now so it wont ve long does any ...

Clutch :(

I need a new clutch its starting to slip when in gear now so it wont ve long does any one know of an affordable clutch that will still be an upgrade over the stock one im looking to go stage two in the future and should i get my flywheel resurfaced or get a new light weight flywheel?? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Exedy stage one racing clutch, hands down. thmotorsports.com has it the cheapest last I looked. Get the lightened flywheel IMO.

I had it in my 02 wrx wagon for over 40k at stage 2 when I sold it, and it was as solid as the day I installed it

I Support ClubWRX
    There's no need for anything above the Exedy OE replacement clutch with your upgrade plans. Pair it with a new OE or LW flywheel; according to spec, Subaru flywheels should not be resurfaced.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ClubWRX.net Vendor Fast Tuning Products's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    We can certainly help you out with these clutches as well. Send us a PM.
    Available Nights and Weekends Via E-mail and Private Message!!
    We want to Earn your Business!
    Give Us a Call Monday - Friday 10a-6p EST to order by phone!
    724-708-3044
    Need a price matched or beat? Email Us: sales@fasttuningproducts.com
    Like Us on Facebook: www.FaceBook.com/FastTuningProducts
    www.FastTuningProducts.com
    We Accept Paypal/Visa/MasterCard/American Express/AMEX/Discover

FYI, Exedy makes the stock oem clutch. The stage one version will have a slightly heavier feel and clamp much better. As EJ257 said, the oem clutch is pretty sufficient. I put 301hp/ 335tq to the wheels and the oem clutch is still great. Once it dies a stage one racing clutch is going in. It is very streetable and doesn't feel too much different. It will also last longer then the oem, especially if u drive spiritedly. My brother has gone through 3 clutches in his 08...the stage 1 has outlasted the oem by far. Clutch replacement is a fairly big job...I would want to get it right the first time. Just my .02, gl!

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a clutch DIY along with recommendation in my Sig line

Replaced the Clutch in my 06 WRX: A reflection more than a DIY
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by russellnyg745 View Post
    I need a new clutch its starting to slip when in gear now so it wont ve long does any one know of an affordable clutch that will still be an upgrade over the stock one im looking to go stage two in the future and should i get my flywheel resurfaced or get a new light weight flywheel?? Thanks

Are you experimenting with some new-fangled, invisible punctuation? FYI, it hurts my head.

Yea i mean while im there im gonna replace motor mounts trans mount all the shift linkage bushings etc

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    There's no need for anything above the Exedy OE replacement clutch with your upgrade plans. Pair it with a new OE or LW flywheel; according to spec, Subaru flywheels should not be resurfaced.
    ^ Definitely do the flywheel, while doing the clutch. School of hard knocks (Z car). ACT street performance is good also.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Yea gonna do all new mounts bushings flywheel etc while its all torn apart and throw on a short shifter then after that im gonna do full turbo back amd a ap tune and im done power wise

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.