Is the WRX an ok car for family and stuff? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

This is a discussion on Is the WRX an ok car for family and stuff? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Motoxdude6 def look into the front film. its a great car man, its solid, durable and reliable ...

  1. #31
    Registered User grendels_wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northen, VA
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoxdude6 View Post
    def look into the front film. its a great car man, its solid, durable and reliable all the way around IMO. like i said, 08-10 ive heard bad stuff about the engines. 11+ is the way to go. the radio isnt the best, that is true, but its just the head unit. throw in an aftermarket units and u should be good to go. the interior is def not outdated. its interior is super nice. PULL THE TRIGGER! you wont regret it! ive had my car since december and it still puts a cheezer on my face everytime i drive it especially with satage 2 tune pulling 270 WHP and hearing the turbo go woooooooshhhh!!!! when i gas it haha

    Without mentioning Evo (which I ain't getting a Mitsubishi), Mazdaspeed 3 (which the 2014 looks ok) or Ford focus which I ain't into anything else in this price range that is a sporty hatch/SUV that is fine for hauling stuff and spacey inside?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,541
    I Support ClubWRX
    2014 Forester XT?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  4. #33
    Registered User Ingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,110
    Blah auto...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

  5. #34
    Registered User grendels_wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northen, VA
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Blah auto...
    Yeah I'm honestly not a Subaru guy. I just like the WRX. I just can't find much out there these days that is like the WRX. Sporty, yet has AWD, good interior space, etc.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 08-29-2013 at 02:14 PM.

  6. #35
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,541
    I Support ClubWRX
    You'll be searching for awhile to find something that is a direct comparison to the WRX.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    58
    When I picked up my 2013 WRX hatchback I thought it had plenty of space for me as I don't have a family.

    Just doing solo camping trips I was limited on space. Also on long road trips I had limited space. This was with the back seats down and I have the hatchback.

    No way you can fit a family and camping gear or luggage for a road trip in a WRX. I had a hard enough time just fitting all my gear for solo trips. You would need a car top carrier if anyone would be sitting in the back seats.

    I ended up going with a 2014 Forester XT because of the limited space on my WRX. The engine is smaller, the car is bigger and I get better mileage. I got 18-21 in WRX and I get 24-28 in the Forester XT.
    2013 WRX wagon, STI short throw shifter, STI aluminum shift knob, perrin shifter bushings, cobb downpipe, cobb cat back, stage 2 ACN91 map using cobb access port

  8. #37
    Registered User grendels_wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northen, VA
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruzMntsWRX View Post
    When I picked up my 2013 WRX hatchback I thought it had plenty of space for me as I don't have a family.

    Just doing solo camping trips I was limited on space. Also on long road trips I had limited space. This was with the back seats down and I have the hatchback.

    No way you can fit a family and camping gear or luggage for a road trip in a WRX. I had a hard enough time just fitting all my gear for solo trips. You would need a car top carrier if anyone would be sitting in the back seats.

    I ended up going with a 2014 Forester XT because of the limited space on my WRX. The engine is smaller, the car is bigger and I get better mileage. I got 18-21 in WRX and I get 24-28 in the Forester XT.
    It seems it has space enough for normal bag or so for family when say going on a 1 day trip. The Xterra really doesn't have tons of space in the back as it's small/mid SUV. I'm gonna measure the Xterras cargo to see for comparison. Obviously the Xterra has more height.

    I don't need much space most of the time. I refuse to be a minivan or large SUV person. I refuse.

  9. #38
    Registered User grendels_wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northen, VA
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    You'll be searching for awhile to find something that is a direct comparison to the WRX.
    Yeah I know only the Evo and maybe the Golf R and Mazda.

    My girlfriend thinks it looks like a Honda Civic. Not in a good way. And from a few pictures I'm seeing it sorta does. A Civic on steroids.

  10. #39
    Registered User WRXRayF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    It seems it has space enough for normal bag or so for family when say going on a 1 day trip. The Xterra really doesn't have tons of space in the back as it's small/mid SUV. I'm gonna measure the Xterras cargo to see for comparison. Obviously the Xterra has more height.

    I don't need much space most of the time. I refuse to be a minivan or large SUV person. I refuse.
    It is the slope of the back window that takes away from the cargo space on the hatchback. My 2003 WRX wagon had much more usable space than my 2013. My 10 year old son is big-time into tournament baseball, and when I pack his baseball bag and small rolling cooler into the cargo area (with the seats up), there is little room for anything else. Folding at least one seat down is a different story - plenty of room then. Any overnight tournaments, we need to take my wife's truck (which gets better mileage anyways )
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

  11. #40
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruzMntsWRX View Post
    Just doing solo camping trips I was limited on space. Also on long road trips I had limited space. This was with the back seats down and I have the hatchback.

    No way you can fit a family and camping gear or luggage for a road trip in a WRX. I had a hard enough time just fitting all my gear for solo trips.
    Do you camp like Jeremy Clarkson??
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •