New WRX owner...... Eventually.

This is a discussion on New WRX owner...... Eventually. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I'm in the process of purchasing a new wrx (a big thanks to my wife for covering most ...

New WRX owner...... Eventually.

Hey all,
    I'm in the process of purchasing a new wrx (a big thanks to my wife for covering most of the cost). Went to the dealership Saturday and was going to have them do a dealer trade for a '13 premium hatchback. Just got the call today that it was already sold. Now the sales guy is saying that other dealerships don't wanna do dealer trades, and said they would get some '14s next month (of course not the blue premium I wanted though). Now I'm waiting to see if they can get me a different '13 hatch, otherwise I might be forced to just order a new '14.

Anyone else have issues like that, or any suggestions? I'm just anxious to get my WRX.

Thanks all and can't wait to be a full-fledged member of the WRX community.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I first ordered the car I wanted, it was a Plasma Blue Pearl premium sedan w/short throw shifter, heated seats, and a few other accessories. They said it was available from another dealership and would be transferred within a day or two.

The next day I got a call that 'my' car was no longer available. When I asked why, they said it had sap damage from sitting too long under a tree at the previous dealership and would need to get repainted. They asked me if I'd still want the car, even though they couldn't lower the price based on the damage/repaint job.

I struggled because I really liked the plasma blue pearl, but ultimately decided I didn't want a paint job that might look terrible after a year or two. I also didn't want to wait around for another one to show up, since the sedans are fairly hard to come by around here, so I ended up going with a DGM Limited Sedan for almost the same price. I have to say I'm very happy I did, the leather seats are nice and the color is really starting to grow on me (especially now that I've added tint).

All I can say is good luck, I'm sure things will work out for you in the end.

Order the 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    Order the 2014.
    Yea, that's what I'm staring to think m going to have to do. Any idea how long it would take to get it in? The sales guy said said a couple months, but now I'm not sure if he's being truthful about that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Neither is he.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.