Blue illumination and other options
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blue illumination and other options within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm looking over all the possible options to order with a 2014. I don't wanna mess with things after the ...

Blue illumination and other options

I'm looking over all the possible options to order with a 2014. I don't wanna mess with things after the fact. Just get what I want when I order the car. Will blue illumination look stupid since the rest of the gauges are red? In general does the illumination look bad or ok? Are these bushings, which you can order from Subaru with the car, worth getting over the stock ones?

Will they made the car be all stiff instead of natural? I'm not looking for race car that's for sure.

STI Trans Crossmember Bushing Kit $21
    STI Trailing Link Bushing info $45
    STI Stiffer Shifter Bushing $17
    STI Transmission Mount - 5MT $57

Anyone gotten the 110v Power Outlet Kit $207? This could come in handy at times instead of one of those portable inverters.

Also is this thing worth it?

SPT Turbo Heat Shield $49

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    STI Trans Crossmember Bushing Kit $21
    Definitely worth it.

STI Trailing Link Bushing info $45
    I have no experience with the multi-link suspension, but in general stiffer bushings improve the communicative feel and responsiveness of the car, but add NVH.

STI Stiffer Shifter Bushing $17
    Not sure about "STi Siffer Bushings" but quality shifter bushings are a massive improvement over stock and will greatly improve shifter feel.

Anyone gotten the 110v Power Outlet Kit $207? This could come in handy at times instead of one of those portable inverters.
    Sounds like a waste of money especially since you can have an 800watt power inverter for roughly $50.

SPT Turbo Heat Shield $49
    You already have a heat shield on the turbo stock. Skip and move on.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

"Car all stiff instead of natural?"! Man, the stiffer the more natural. There is a mis-conception here: the soft and squishy is un-natural. It disguises and obscures the feel for what the car does, especially as far as tires and suspension are concerned. In my opinion ALL cars, including WRX's come factory way too soft. The cars are made for the masses, and comfort is a big aspect here. Cars range from couches with wheels to "stiff as bones" and you can make it anything you like. The couple of bushings you're talking can certainly not hurt, but may raise the noise levels a little. Again, for a sporty car that's fine, not so much for the couch on wheels.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I have the red illumination kit on mine. It's looks good but it's faint and not really even noticeable. I'd skip it unless it is relatively cheap.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

I have a 2013 WRB WRX and i got the blue illumination kit inside while Undone10 is right about it not being bright, I think the blue one is a little brighter then red because blue is just a brighter color in terms of illumination. The blue one will not disappoint you, when driving at night it also has a really sharp cutoff so it doesn't distract you. Over all I give the lights a 5/5, makes it sportier I also have the Short throw Shifter and that I've driven one without, not to big of a difference but we all like to say we have the sti shifter in our wrxs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.