My New 2013 Subaru WRX Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My New 2013 Subaru WRX Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I am new to this forum and just want to be acquainted. I just go a 2013 Wrx and ...

My New 2013 Subaru WRX Sedan

Hello,

I am new to this forum and just want to be acquainted. I just go a 2013 Wrx and I am just wondering if anybody have any tips in breaking in the car. I read around and people said you need to baby it and people said run it hard so the rings will have a nice seal and wouldn't lose future power in the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Owners manual says 1000 miles under 4k rpm. That's what I'd recommend as the engineers that built the car knows a hell of a lot more than any one else
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I see. I heard that you can work your car one or two times really hard when your clutch is already engaged but don't red line it of course just to break in the rings for a great seal.

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    I see. I heard that you can work your car one or two times really hard when your clutch is already engaged but don't red line it of course just to break in the rings for a great seal.
    That's what some people on the internet say.

This is what Subaru says:

1000 miles: Drive calmly for the first 1,000 miles and vary your driving with a normal mix of city and highway.

Always note the blue 'cold engine' light on the dashboard- its a visual reminder that the engine is cold.
    Avoid hard starts and stops.
    Avoid over-revving the engine, try to keep RPMs under 4000.
    Vary your speeds over the full range of city and highway driving
    Don't use cruise control much, if at all.
    City and freeway driving is fine because that will vary the speeds
    It's your decision whose advice you want to follow. I followed Subarus.

This isn't to say you can't give it some boost, don't drive it like it'll catch on fire, give it maybe 50% throttle here and there up to that 4k limit just to get a little boost.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That's what some people on the internet say.

This is what Subaru says:

It's your decision whose advice you want to follow. I followed Subarus.

This isn't to say you can't give it some boost, don't drive it like it'll catch on fire, give it maybe 50% throttle here and there up to that 4k limit just to get a little boost.
    i see. Thank you so much! That's what I thought until I started doubting myself when I read the forums of what others had to say about it. I'll work the boost in a little at a time! =]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.