Hi all I'm new to site and need some advice bugeye lost power no boost
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi all I'm new to site and need some advice bugeye lost power no boost within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry i posted this here but new and not sur we're to post I have a 2001 bugeye wax turbo ...

Sorry i posted this here but new and not sur we're to post
    I have a 2001 bugeye wax turbo
    I was driving along as norm and went to toe it to find that there was no boost and was driving like a 1.1 corsa lol
    Car runs and tics over like it should no smoke at all
    What I have done so far
    Oil cap check
    New up pipe
    Replaced y pipe under intercooler
    Reset ecu
    Took batt off for an hour
    Still the same
    Can some one help please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check all of your connection points around your intercooler (below as well) to make sure they are tight.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Check all of your connection points around your intercooler (below as well) to make sure they are tight.
    Hi have done this as I had a blue pro drive y pipe on it and have now put a standard hard y pipe on as i Thought it was that as the pro drive one was suckin flat thanks

Any CELs?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Hi no cels I have an psi ecu monitor in the car it if showing 0 fault codes have reset the ecu

I Support ClubWRX
    If you genuinely have zero boost check the C clip on the wastegate actuator, it may have fallen off.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Will check that now and post up date thanks

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    There was a guy on here not too long ago that had the same problem, zero boost, although he also had no turbo spool. He said his turbo had completely seized up lol.

*It's a complete longshot no doubt, just posted for entertainment and novelty factor more so than anything.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 08-21-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Right have checked wastegate clip that's ok have also just changed actuator but still the same I could change the turbo but seem bit strange ????????????

I Support ClubWRX

The turbos rarely fail. Consider pressurizing the intake and checking for leaks. Cheaper, and I like to start cheap.

By the way, are you sure the exhaust aft of the turbo is not obstructed?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Not sur about the down pipe how likley is it to be that

I Support ClubWRX

I've heard of it once and I've been here eleven years. It is possible.

When you replaced the up pipe did you give the turbo a quick look? Is your dump valve the works recirculating unit, and is it both connected and working (begging the question, how would one know if it's working without boost, yes I know).

Hi no the dump valve is not working it is sliding up and down but not enough to make a noise

Pull the intake inlet off and see if the propeller on the turbo is seized. That's an easy check. You could also do this by pulling off the downpipe. Either side really.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

So could the dump valve be leaking?

If you do remove the down pipe to check the turbo (on a stone cold car, don't ask why I say so...) check for no obstructions in the pipe too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast