Hi all I'm new to site and need some advice bugeye lost power no boost - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hi all I'm new to site and need some advice bugeye lost power no boost within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had the cat go bad on a Merc wayyy back, didn't run worth sh!t with the chunks blocking the exhaust. ...

Had the cat go bad on a Merc wayyy back, didn't run worth sh!t with the chunks blocking the exhaust. COULD be...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have tried a different dump valve on it but the other one don't move at all it boost up to about 0.6 then it's like a flat spot
    But the car will still rev to red line

I Support ClubWRX
    So wait, you can get over half a bar of boost? So you're at wastegate pressure, not zero. Ok check boost leaks, wastegate actuator, boost solenoid, and exhaust as above.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Will check them today have already changed the actuator to rule that out have put new y pipe and connectors on tried different dump valve replaced the up pipe for new one
    Thanks

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Your ebcs may not be functioning, or check all the vac lines running to it. Do you have the restrictor pill?

See pic in link:
    Technical Articles

Think I have found the issue like I said in an earlyer post I had changed the up pipe
    I have now removed the turbo and yes in deed it was jamed bits of the cat from the uppipe was in there have got them out and it spins nice again but as it has been jamed I'm going to put my spare turbo on so fingers crossed will be back on the road today yay can't wait lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow congrats. The stock turbo is rebuild able if it's a Mitsubishi TD0x series and not an IHI VFxx. You might keep it as a spare core.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was stuck in vacuum purgatory 'til we replaced the boost control solenoid. There's a test for that, but I couldn't explain it to you. I know someone who could, though...

Edit: Oops I just read that you might have solved the problem. Fingers crossed.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

holy crapp. pics of the bits. post carnage. so we can all see the best reason for up pipe lol.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Did someone say pics of the carnage?

Wright swopped the turbo the dump valve sounds louder than ever before just got air lock to sort any advice would be cool
    But when it revs now it sounds like it has a rev limiter when it hits red line did come up with error code p0250
    What says is wastegate solenoid but think it could be the induction pipe from the air box to the turbo it has gone soft were it connects ?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.