Thinking of ordering a 2014 WRX Limited Hatch

This is a discussion on Thinking of ordering a 2014 WRX Limited Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm on the market for a new car as my 2005 Xterra is getting up there in age and more ...

Thinking of ordering a 2014 WRX Limited Hatch

I'm on the market for a new car as my 2005 Xterra is getting up there in age and more and more repairs. I can't find many cars that make me want to plunk down $20k-$30k other than a WRX. I'm open to ideas. Anyways I would order a limited hatch as I like a sunroof in a car and I like leather. I'm not one that's going to modify the car as I'm in my 40s and dont plan on tracking the car. I'm sure its plenty of power and looks great as is. However I notice ones on the lot sometimes have the SPT exhaust or short throw. Anyways knowing that I dont want to mod really at all are those options a good idea anyway? Also what other misc accessories should I get.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    Anyways knowing that I dont want to mod really at all.
    Hehe...I don't want to mod, he says....that's what they all say.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I'm just trying to determine the options worth ordering. Also if you order the STG exhaust is it worth it to order it after? That way you have the original sotck to sell or go back to for instance. Same as other parts.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm on the market for a new car as my 2005 Xterra is getting up there in age and more and more repairs. I can't find many cars that make me want to plunk down $20k-$30k other than a WRX. I'm open to ideas. Anyways I would order a limited hatch as I like a sunroof in a car and I like leather. I'm not one that's going to modify the car as I'm in my 40s and dont plan on tracking the car. I'm sure its plenty of power and looks great as is. However I notice ones on the lot sometimes have the SPT exhaust or short throw. Anyways knowing that I dont want to mod really at all are those options a good idea anyway? Also what other misc accessories should I get.
    Good thread start. A lot of people seem to be curious about the '14s. I happen to have a '14 on order right now. If you want a limited, hatch, with certain goodies, you will need to order one. Dealers are just given ones from Subaru and they don't really order them specifically for their lots. Therefore, the likelihood of finding exactly the car you want is slim to none. I'd highly recommend a user on here, Clayton (rexxx0486), who is a certified CLubWRX vendor and salesman at Ramsey Subaru in NJ (he can have them shipped all over the country via 3rd party).

SPT makes good mods for a basic performance upgrades from the dealer. However, it's commonly agreed to on here that aftermarket parts (i.e. Kartboy STS instead of Subaru STS or Invidia Q300 exhaust instead of SPT performance exhaust) are a more cost effective way to get what you want, but not have to shell out money on the SPT parts. Either way, I didn't get anything overly complicated. I went with STS (as many people say it's needed, regardless of SPT or aftermarket), nav, roof rack, ski clips, arm-rest extender, and auto dim mirror. The only one universally said to be necessary is the STS. Other than that, it's all about personal preference and what you want the car to do. Mine will be a DD and ski run champ. I'd recommend the arm rest and the auto dim mirror as it has home link and many people on here have posted about wishing they had it.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Good thread start. A lot of people seem to be curious about the '14s. I happen to have a '14 on order right now. If you want a limited, hatch, with certain goodies, you will need to order one. Dealers are just given ones from Subaru and they don't really order them specifically for their lots. Therefore, the likelihood of finding exactly the car you want is slim to none. I'd highly recommend a user on here, Clayton (rexxx0486), who is a certified CLubWRX vendor and salesman at Ramsey Subaru in NJ (he can have them shipped all over the country via 3rd party).

SPT makes good mods for a basic performance upgrades from the dealer. However, it's commonly agreed to on here that aftermarket parts (i.e. Kartboy STS instead of Subaru STS or Invidia Q300 exhaust instead of SPT performance exhaust) are a more cost effective way to get what you want, but not have to shell out money on the SPT parts. Either way, I didn't get anything overly complicated. I went with STS (as many people say it's needed, regardless of SPT or aftermarket), nav, roof rack, ski clips, arm-rest extender, and auto dim mirror. The only one universally said to be necessary is the STS. Other than that, it's all about personal preference and what you want the car to do. Mine will be a DD and ski run champ. I'd recommend the arm rest and the auto dim mirror as it has home link and many people on here have posted about wishing they had it.
    STS means an exhaust? I've heard it's simple to replace an exhaust but to be honest I don't wanna muck with the car and I'm not looking for more power. I've heard the sound difference on YouTube comparison. So maybe the Subaru exhaust and short shifter. Actually I wouldn't mind a shorter lever which I would have to go aftermarket from some reading on this forum.

Is the stock armread really short? I can't remember it standing out as a problem when I looked at the dealer. I did read the longer one may get in the way of the heated seats.

The car being a hatch and plenty of room for a performance oriented car seems a great buy. However I do have concerns about the bad mileage, premium gas needed and the fact it has summer tires on it.

STS means an exhaust?
    STS = Short Throw Shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Hehe...I don't want to mod, he says....that's what they all say.
    Yup, I said that when I told my buddies that I was ordering a WRX. I guess I lied.
    2014 WRX SWP Hatch

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE