Just bought a 2013 WRX Hatch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just bought a 2013 WRX Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, Just picked up a 2013 WRX hatch in ice silver. Awesome car, I like everything about it except the ...

Just bought a 2013 WRX Hatch

Hello,

Just picked up a 2013 WRX hatch in ice silver. Awesome car, I like everything about it except the reverse gear issue. I read around and it seems to be a common problem with this car, had no idea until I tried reversing for the first time and it would not engage. What I want to know is, what's the best remedy for this? Some say tap the gas and it will slide right in others say go in to fourth which I tried once and it would not go in to fourth either. Btw it has the factory short throw on there. Thanks.
    Last edited by scoobs1; 08-20-2013 at 05:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bought mine in Late May. Nice and easy does it. A relaxed/casual slide over and down, no need to force it. Clutch engaged to the floor. Works for me every time. No issues.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Bought mine in Late May. Nice and easy does it. A relaxed/casual slide over and down, no need to force it. Clutch engaged to the floor. Works for me every time. No issues.
    Ya, that only works when it wants to. Sometimes it won't go in and I have to shuffle through gears and push the clutch in and out for it to go in.

I Support ClubWRX
    When this happens to me. I shift into first gear then back into reverse. That works for me.

Registered User mikal52waltincec's Avatar
    Welcome to the club!

Mine's been shifting into reverse just fine as well, it talked back once, but not very badly. If you take your other foot off the brake, to let the car roll a little bit and the gears will move, while putting it in reverse it'll generally slide in pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mikal52waltincec View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Mine's been shifting into reverse just fine as well, it talked back once, but not very badly. If you take your other foot off the brake, to let the car roll a little bit and the gears will move, while putting it in reverse it'll generally slide in pretty easily.
    Which would bring up the question are you on a incline ??? I've had to let my Z roll back a bit to engage, The Rex just slides in when I take it easy hhhmmm
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

From my experience, this is happening on flat ground. I haven't tried on incline or decline yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from NJ!

I'll be picking mine up sometime between late Sept-Oct. I've heard of the reverse gear issue, but one both of my test drives had no problems getting into reverse. One was a 12k miles, broken in sedan and the other was on a brand new, 60 total miles, silver hatch. I'm interested to see if I have any issues.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    It's a non-issue, issue.... Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.
    1)Put the car in any gear
    2)Barely let the clutch out, or until you feel it grab
    3)Put into reverse

My 03 Sentra Spec V and my 09 Honda Civic Si did the same thing. Don't over think it. There is nothing wrong with your car. The reverse gears in this car and most other cars are straight cut and primitive.

ok thanks for all the input.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.