New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I am new to subies and just love the look of the car and ride. plus the awd ...

New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014

Hello all,

I am new to subies and just love the look of the car and ride. plus the awd is just great.
    Well i want to know what kind of deal i got with my new 2014 wrx... that is ordered

2014 base model SWP sedan
    Mods:
    1. Short throw shifter
    2. Fog lights
    ......................$27,610.00 tax title all out the door
    3. SPT Exhaust (last min add on, told me 803 + tax

total so far what i was told out the door tax title all = $28,470.00

Just waiting on my new subieeeeeeee...... then weeeeeeeeee

Update: 11/1/13
    She is in will be picking her up tomorrow. cant wait....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG952185.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	120874
    Last edited by dknow; 11-01-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Back in Feb, I paid ~31,000 for a limited hatch with short shifter. I feel like I overpaid, but I really wanted it... and the dealer could tell :/

Quote Originally Posted by dknow View Post
    Hello all,

I am new to subies and just love the feel of the car and ride. plus the awd is just great.
    Well i want to know what kind of deal i got with my new 2014 wrx... that is ordered

2014 base model SWP sedan
    Mods:
    1. Short throw shifter
    2. Fog lights
    ......................$27,610.00 tax title all out the door
    3. SPT Exhaust (last min add on, told me 803 + tax

total so far what i was told out the door tax title all = $28,470.00

Just waiting on my new subieeeeeeee...... then weeeeeeeeee

I just ordered my Limited SWP sedan with homelink and all weather mats. After tax and fees it came to $29,500. Im very happy with that price. I was quoted a base model with the same price you paid. The dealer said "he could not and would not go any lower". Seems you got a good deal. I was close to going with the base model, but I was dead set on leather. Hope you enjoy the car. I know I already have trouble sleeping at night due to the car!!!

Also, on your sales order, what is the expected delivery date? Mine is in December

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    I just ordered my Limited SWP sedan with homelink and all weather mats. After tax and fees it came to $29,500. Im very happy with that price. I was quoted a base model with the same price you paid. The dealer said "he could not and would not go any lower". Seems you got a good deal. I was close to going with the base model, but I was dead set on leather. Hope you enjoy the car. I know I already have trouble sleeping at night due to the car!!!

Also, on your sales order, what is the expected delivery date? Mine is in December
    I was told mid October, but i did not see a date on the sales order,i will call and verify. I hope October... You are not kidding about loosing sleep, i have not slept right for a few days now. i keep getting rex dreams and then look outside and still see my old junker.

good luck with yours, i think it will be before december. At least that what i was told a few times by subie salemen ( i hope that is not a white lie.....bastards)
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post

Do you mind saying what your States % is for sales tax?

just ordered a 2014 WRX Hatchback base model in Plasma Blue Pearl for $24,399 plus $389 for dealer. arrives in 2 months. i really need advice on extras? i like fog lights, window tint, exhaust finisher (the long all in one piece). what else should i be thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by mutchwrx View Post
    just ordered a 2014 WRX Hatchback base model in Plasma Blue Pearl for $24,399 plus $389 for dealer. arrives in 2 months. i really need advice on extras? i like fog lights, window tint, exhaust finisher (the long all in one piece). what else should i be thinking of?
    The $24399 I assume doesnt include shipping of $795 which Subaru raised for 2014 models. The cost you got I guess you got zero options. However it seems you somehow got below what the dealer/invoice was for a 2013 model and I know that Subaru raised the price for the 2014 models by $200. The 2013 dealer/invoice cost was $24395. This means the 2014 dealer/invoice price should be $24595.

So you got zero options and somehow ordered a car and got it below invoice. How did you manage that unless you are a Subaru employee?

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    The $24399 I assume doesnt include shipping of $795 which Subaru raised for 2014 models. The cost you got I guess you got zero options. However it seems you somehow got below what the dealer/invoice was for a 2013 model and I know that Subaru raised the price for the 2014 models by $200. The 2013 dealer/invoice cost was $24395. This means the 2014 dealer/invoice price should be $24595.

So you got zero options and somehow ordered a car and got it below invoice. How did you manage that unless you are a Subaru employee?
    ^This. This makes no sense to me.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

sales tax is 6%.

Actually the total of my car plus options, including tax is $29,700. I got mine under invoice as well. I have to travel a long way to get it though. The "local", within 200 miles, dealers were around 32k after tax and fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    ^This. This makes no sense to me.
    i am not a Subaru Employee. i called on Saturday, told him what i wanted. He then called me back having looked at the pipeline and said it is being built in 1 month with no ones name on it yet. Towards end of October is when it will be at Dealer for pick up.
    He said bottom line was as i stated. car price plus dealer fee. Shipping has never been mentioned. He says they sell 400 brand new cars a month when i asked.
    i have emailed him to confirm and ask for a breakdown in writing. the sales order show MSRP $26790!! i ordered base right now. but i like foglights and a few other little things. so with my extras i may add up to $1000. Should i order them from dealer prior or after when i have the car?

Talking

i am not a Subaru Employee. i called on Saturday, told him what i wanted. He then called me back having looked at the pipeline and said it is being built in 1 month with no ones name on it yet. Towards end of October is when it will be at Dealer for pick up.
    He said bottom line was as i stated. car price plus dealer fee. Shipping has never been mentioned. He says they sell 400 brand new cars a month when i asked.
    i have emailed him to confirm and ask for a breakdown in writing. the sales order show MSRP $26790!! i ordered base right now. but i like foglights and a few other little things. so with my extras i may add up to $1000. Should i order them from dealer prior or after when i have the car?
    'price of the car is $24,339 + $389 D&H + tax, so $24,728 + tax.'
    i copied this from his email. if i dont order any extras this is my price for 2014 base WRX hatchback. In Colorado.

'price of the car is $24,339 + $389 D&H + tax, so $24,728 + tax.'
    i copied this from his email. if i dont order any extras this is my price for 2014 base WRX hatchback. In Colorado.
    Why I'm asking all this is that I know what the dealer invoice prices are for WRXs. I've seen a 2013 invoice showing for instance the bank who gave the dealer the money to buy the car, what dealer it went to, what options, etc. And this year the price went up $200. And the WRX is not some regular "Ford Mustang" that Ford makes a million of. I mean it's a car order. I've never heard of ordering a car getting it below what the dealer can get it at. Plus the destination you're getting at half price.

Maybe that car dealer is really in need of a sale or maybe he quoted you a sedan price which is $500 less than the hatch. You're getting a great deal. $800 less than invoice on a car made in limited quantities.

Because I'm a Costco member I can get a WRX plus options at dealer/invoice price instead of MSRP. Destination is still same price as dealer.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 08-22-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    Why I'm asking all this is that I know what the dealer invoice prices are for WRXs. I've seen a 2013 invoice showing for instance the bank who gave the dealer the money to buy the car, what dealer it went to, what options, etc. And this year the price went up $200. And the WRX is not some regular "Ford Mustang" that Ford makes a million of. I mean it's a car order. I've never heard of ordering a car getting it below what the dealer can get it at. Plus the destination you're getting at half price.

Maybe that car dealer is really in need of a sale or maybe he quoted you a sedan price which is $500 less than the hatch. You're getting a great deal. $800 less than invoice on a car made in limited quantities.

Because I'm a Costco member I can get a WRX plus options at dealer/invoice price instead of MSRP. Destination is still same price as dealer.
    Costco member deal??? what? i guess you do it through the site?
    i am happy with my price and costs. This car is so popular that they just order them and they dont even get a chance to gather dust at the dealer. so they have to be competitive. i have it all in writing now so i am very covered. i keep getting flashes like is it a 13 instead of a 14, is it a sedan instead of a hatch, is it the wrong color, what is my bottom line. lol

now i just need to decide on accessories. thinking STS, fog lights, exhaust finisher (long one piece), interior illumination, boost and mix gauge, a good security alarm, and maybe plasti coat the rims to white. oh and probably a snowboard roof rack. i am trying to figure out if i should get those at dealer or after??

Costco member deal??? what? i guess you do it through the site?
    i am happy with my price and costs. This car is so popular that they just order them and they dont even get a chance to gather dust at the dealer. so they have to be competitive. i have it all in writing now so i am very covered. i keep getting flashes like is it a 13 instead of a 14, is it a sedan instead of a hatch, is it the wrong color, what is my bottom line. lol

now i just need to decide on accessories. thinking STS, fog lights, exhaust finisher (long one piece), interior illumination, boost and mix gauge, a good security alarm, and maybe plasti coat the rims to white. oh and probably a snowboard roof rack. i am trying to figure out if i should get those at dealer or after??
    Didn't mean to scare you. Heck I'm really curious if you could ask that dealer how you are getting that car below invoice and with a half price destination. O also ask them are you getting the regular Impreza.

They aren't that popular as Subaru would have tons on every dealers lot. These cars sell well less than most cars. I've been told by dealers Subaru intentionally tries to keep the exclusivity of the car by keeping only 1 or 2 on the lot. Cars I look at were frequently customer ordered cars that they backed out of. I never went to a lot that had more than 2 WRXs. Maybe an additional STi. I've been told down south dealers charge more than MSRP.

It seems stupid that anyone would go into a dealer and anywhere close to MSRP if this is the case that you can get a car, exactly how you want for less than invoice.

Maybe your dealer is getting not much of a holdback from Subaru.

What Is Dealer Holdback? on Edmunds.com

As for accessories the exhaust finisher you're talking about a different one than the Subaru STG one?
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 08-22-2013 at 03:52 PM.

2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Exhaust Finisher Genuine OEM Brand NEW | eBay

this is the exhaust finisher. it runs along the entire underside of the rear bumper.
    i like the subaru small ones that go above each pair, but i wanted meatier.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast