Subaru WRX Forum banner

New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014

34K views 166 replies 56 participants last post by  BOshea 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am new to subies and just love the look of the car and ride. plus the awd is just great.
Well i want to know what kind of deal i got with my new 2014 wrx... that is ordered

2014 base model SWP sedan
Mods:
1. Short throw shifter
2. Fog lights
......................$27,610.00 tax title all out the door
3. SPT Exhaust (last min add on, told me 803 + tax

total so far what i was told out the door tax title all = $28,470.00

Just waiting on my new subieeeeeeee...... then weeeeeeeeee:thumbup:

Update: 11/1/13
She is in will be picking her up tomorrow. cant wait....
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Subaru

See less See more
#2 ·
Back in Feb, I paid ~31,000 for a limited hatch with short shifter. I feel like I overpaid, but I really wanted it... and the dealer could tell :/

Hello all,

I am new to subies and just love the feel of the car and ride. plus the awd is just great.
Well i want to know what kind of deal i got with my new 2014 wrx... that is ordered

2014 base model SWP sedan
Mods:
1. Short throw shifter
2. Fog lights
......................$27,610.00 tax title all out the door
3. SPT Exhaust (last min add on, told me 803 + tax

total so far what i was told out the door tax title all = $28,470.00

Just waiting on my new subieeeeeeee...... then weeeeeeeeee:thumbup:

#3 ·
I just ordered my Limited SWP sedan with homelink and all weather mats. After tax and fees it came to $29,500. Im very happy with that price. I was quoted a base model with the same price you paid. The dealer said "he could not and would not go any lower". Seems you got a good deal. I was close to going with the base model, but I was dead set on leather. Hope you enjoy the car. I know I already have trouble sleeping at night due to the car!!!

Also, on your sales order, what is the expected delivery date? Mine is in December :(

#4 ·
I was told mid October, but i did not see a date on the sales order,i will call and verify. I hope October... You are not kidding about loosing sleep, i have not slept right for a few days now. i keep getting rex dreams and then look outside and still see my old junker. :(

good luck with yours, i think it will be before december. At least that what i was told a few times by subie salemen ( i hope that is not a white lie.....bastards)

#7 ·
The $24399 I assume doesnt include shipping of $795 which Subaru raised for 2014 models. The cost you got I guess you got zero options. However it seems you somehow got below what the dealer/invoice was for a 2013 model and I know that Subaru raised the price for the 2014 models by $200. The 2013 dealer/invoice cost was $24395. This means the 2014 dealer/invoice price should be $24595.

So you got zero options and somehow ordered a car and got it below invoice. How did you manage that unless you are a Subaru employee?

#19 · (Edited)
These threads are useless unless people want to post their actual buyers orders. As a dealer, I can sell you a new wrx for 22k and make a good profit if I'm taking in your $9000 trade for 6000 and selling you 3k worth of back end profit! At least these should be in the regional sections due to the fact that pricing and demand varies tremendously by area. Real actual Invoice at my location for a 2014 wrx is about 25500 inc destination of that helps anyone. Not trying to knock you op, I just don't want you guys getting discouraged/frustrated/misinformed. I have an ask a dealer thread in mys sig where you can get real help/answers with your particular deal if you ever need it guys!

#27 · (Edited)
$25,080 (including destination) + fogs.

Another quote less than invoice price for the car. But I still find it amazing that any dealer will sell an ordered car at dealer cost. They gain nothing except buyback and future service and parts.

Were you guys letting dealers know what other dealers would do and all? Or just going into multiple dealers and saying "what price can you give me for a 2014 ordered WRX"?

#26 ·
It's not that anyone is lying per say, just that invoice varies by region, demand varies by region, and price is only one component of the deal. I've seen out of state buyers orders on here that are less than what I could get the car for if I sold it to myself! I've also seen guys from CA get 5 price quotes and the best one they get is still close to sticker. There are just a lot of variables.

#28 ·
Why is invoice different for different regions? Is it therefore possible by going to a different state you can get a car for a fair amount better because of invoice differences? IS there a way of quickly seeing the invoice costs for all regions without randomly putting zip codes into Edmunds.

#40 ·
I paid $26.6 on my '13 WRB hatch base, MRSP $27.3. I guess I didn't get nearly the deal some of you did, but I'm kind of siding with Rex on this one. I paid a bit more than maybe I could have, but they had the car I wanted, they are getting very hard to find in Washington (Subaru's are HUGE up here; there are independent shops just for Subarus all over the place. I had to drive over an hour south to find mine), and the monthly payment was right at what I wanted to pay. I feel like I have a great car for the money and have no buyers remorse. Want to make up the few hundred bucks in the total loan? Go out to eat fast food two times less a month. Problem solved. You're welcome for the health benefits :).

#43 ·
I'd ditch the under seat sub, its nothing special and if you want real bass subaru sells a Kicker sub that is much better. Also if you ever upgrade your head unit (which I would) you wouldn't be able to re use your under seat sub, but you could re use the kicker sub.

#47 · (Edited)
For 5 more grand get an sti :p
This has been my own argument with myself for getting an sti vs. A regular wrx limited by the time I finish with options and trim level for a few more extra payments I can have the sti with everything I want and more

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

#52 ·
I didnt read the whole thread but my dealer said they were allowed a $1700 mark up and came down ~$1200...

I got a 2014 premium hatch with the short throw shiftier and "free" all weather floor mats for 28200 plus 6.5% sales tax came out at almost 30k even OTD...

I would have gone with a STI but this is my very first loan and it was hard enough to get 30k financed with a decent intrest rate... maybe in a few years ill get a sti projcet car :beerchug:

#61 ·
Just bought same thing - 2014 base sedan dark grey metallic with spoiler, fog lights and short throw for 27000.00. All said and done its 28 something. I think we both did ok. My car is on its way. Should see before end of month. We should keep in touch. I did pretty good trading in my A4. Looking forward to the 5 speed.
Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.