New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2014 WRX Limited Hatch, options: short throw shift, all weather mats, homelink for ,200...

2014 WRX Limited Hatch, options: short throw shift, all weather mats, homelink for $30,200

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello All,

I am a new owner of a 2013 Subaru WRX Hatchback Black and was wanting to get some advice/website options/prices on adding on some extra's as well. I got the dealer to throw in a tint job and now I am looking for intake, exhaust, possible new grill options, roof rack, and stereo upgrades. I also have the standard 3 year 36,000 mile warranty so whatever I do I do not want to void that.

Also what upgrades would you add on after the basics?

Thanks,

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikemass View Post
    Hello All,

I am a new owner of a 2013 Subaru WRX Hatchback Black and was wanting to get some advice/website options/prices on adding on some extra's as well. I got the dealer to throw in a tint job and now I am looking for intake, exhaust, possible new grill options, roof rack, and stereo upgrades. I also have the standard 3 year 36,000 mile warranty so whatever I do I do not want to void that.

Thanks,

-Mike
    Check out Heuberger Subaru they offer 25% off parts.

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Subarugenuineparts.com as well

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Subarugenuineparts.com as well

Quote Originally Posted by mikemass View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks,

-Mike
    Mods from your list that are safe: Catback or axleback exhaust, grill, roof rack, stereo upgrade.

Mods from your list that will likely cause SOA to deny a warranty claim: Turboback exhaust, intake (because you need a tune for both).

BTW, there is no "voiding" the warranty. SOA can "deny" a claim based on tying the failure to a mod on your part. For example, you replace the head unit and your engine blows up. SOA can't deny the claim based on the replacement head unit. Now, you decide to reflash the ECU (tune) and your engine blows up. SOA will likely deny the claim based on the reflashed ECU.

Stick with your safe mods and wait until the 5/60K powertrain warranty expires before pursuing mods that require tuning the car (3/36K is bumper to bumper), if you're concerned about your warranty. You gotta pay to play...

Just picked her up today. Will be waxing & cleaning tomorrow
    SPT exhaust is just perfect sound not to loud and loud enough to hear a very nice rumble

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

I have heard a lot of people say you shouldn't wax for at least 90 days. I know on new new paint jobs the body shop reccommends no wax for at least 90 days. Congrats on finally getting yours!

Yeah that's coming from the body shop. But these cars built date is most likely past the 90 days. It's a 2014 but it's been built and assembled way before it reaches the dealer.

Thats true, so are you guys going to follow the break in procedure too? I am thinking its only 1K miles so it should be worth it.

I am trying but it so hard to keep it under 4k. It just a wants to go.
    But so far so good.

14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

Since you live in IL, a set of RA mudflaps should keep that slush from sticking to the panels to some extent this winter. I am getting one when my WRB arrives.

Congrats!! can't wait for mine...
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

Since you live in IL, a set of RA mudflaps should keep that slush from sticking to the panels to some extent this winter. I am getting one when my WRB arrives.

Congrats!! can't wait for mine...
    Stink eye mob #682
    Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy race car parts.... that'll make me happy
    07 Mazda 3 S Touring 5 MT - SOLD
    12 Charger R/T Red pearl triple coat , wheels and tunes group - SOLD
    14 WRB WRX Hatch premium SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT BG, Sub, RA Mudflaps,front plate delete, KB shifter bushings , Tic Pivot bushings , Enkei RPF1s 17x8

Quote Originally Posted by dknow View Post
    But so far so good.

I feel you on that one. I haven't gone over 4k rpms yet but I'm itching to. I have pretty good self control though so I'll be ok. I'm only at 200miles so I still have a way to go haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dknow View Post
    But so far so good.

I feel you on that one. I haven't gone over 4k rpms yet but I'm itching to. I have pretty good self control though so I'll be ok. I'm only at 200miles so I still have a way to go haha.