New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am picking up mine on Thursday! its been less than a month I ordered. Got lucky.. Will enjoy fall ...

I am picking up mine on Thursday! its been less than a month I ordered. Got lucky.. Will enjoy fall might go for a nice fall season mountain drive next weekend!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got my soon to be wrx sti for 40,000 w/ tax and everything. hopefully i can sway the sale person to lower it even more when the car do arrive here next week, as an early bday gift to myself.

i just got a call. my car has arrived!!!! i did not expect it for another 4 weeks! happy birthday to me.
    here i come PBP 2014 WRX hatch.

i just got a call. my car has arrived!!!! i did not expect it for another 4 weeks! happy birthday to me.
    here i come PBP 2014 WRX hatch.

congrats all
    send pics. i like seeing pics of all the subies

still waiting....on a...2014 wrx......still holding
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,

Hey guys, I'm new the these forums and the Subaru world in general. I just picked up my 2014 WRX Premium about a little over a week ago. I waited over two months for the car to be built and shipped here.

When I ordered the car I just got the premium standard model, but I then decided to add on the boost gauge. I know I could have done it myself, with a higher quality gauge, for less money, but I didn't want to run into any warranty issues.

Although,I found the stock shifter was incredibly sloppy with a lot of side to side movement, so I already dropped a Kartboy shorty in. I have the Kartboy shifter bushings also, but didn't get around to installing those yet. I also ordered one of the auto dimming mirrors since mine didn't come with it, that should be a simple 20 minute install.

So far the car is absolutely awesome, still early in the motor break-in period, but it handles like a dream. I previously had a Mustang Cobra, which I sold a few months ago after graduating. I wanted something with some power, but that I could also drive all year round. So the WRX is quite a difference from the Mustang. I can't wait until the break-in period is over so I can really find out what this Subaru can do. It definitely handles better, but that's no shocker.

I believe I paid just about $28,300 for the car out the door. The MSRP on the car was about $29,700. The dealership wasn't willing to budge much more on the price, so it was take it or leave it at that point.

Attachment 116449
    Attachment 116457

Congrats looks good. I plan on getting the home link mirror after the car comes in. You will have to let me know how the install goes.

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Congrats looks good. I plan on getting the home link mirror after the car comes in. You will have to let me know how the install goes.
    Thanks! I will definitely follow up post-install. I will also try to remember to take some photos. My understanding is that once you remove the overhead light fixture, the harness for the new mirror is already there, so you just plug in and run the wire, then install the new mirror. ...but things aren't usually quite that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    Thanks! I will definitely follow up post-install. I will also try to remember to take some photos. My understanding is that once you remove the overhead light fixture, the harness for the new mirror is already there, so you just plug in and run the wire, then install the new mirror. ...but things aren't usually quite that simple!
    Sounds good! Hopefully it really is that easy!

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Sounds good! Hopefully it really is that easy!
    It really was that simple! I removed the stock mirror in about 2 seconds and popped out the retaining clip. Then removed the map light assembly which was just two screws and a few clips holding it in place. Once the assembly was out of the way the plug was right there for the mirror. I have heard other people say that they had to go digging above the headliner for the harness, but this was just sitting there. Ran that through the headliner and installed the new mirror.

It seriously took less than 20 minutes. And now I have my auto dimming mirror back (I had one on my old car, and then I ordered this one I didn't even think about it), and saved myself some money by doing it myself rather than having the dealer do it.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Nayrb37 View Post
    It really was that simple! I removed the stock mirror in about 2 seconds and popped out the retaining clip. Then removed the map light assembly which was just two screws and a few clips holding it in place. Once the assembly was out of the way the plug was right there for the mirror. I have heard other people say that they had to go digging above the headliner for the harness, but this was just sitting there. Ran that through the headliner and installed the new mirror.

It seriously took less than 20 minutes. And now I have my auto dimming mirror back (I had one on my old car, and then I ordered this one I didn't even think about it), and saved myself some money by doing it myself rather than having the dealer do it.
    Good deal! Glad to hear it went so well!

My local dealer in MI is giving me this price beating a deal @ OH (240 miles away from home) over $130 base and over $300 premium. Let me know what you think.Putting a deposit tommorow

2014 wrx hatch
    Sts
    Exhaust spt
    Boost gauge

$25,850

After TTL with 1 yr tag $27,500

2014 wrx premium hatch

Sts
    Exhaust
    Boost gauge

$27,900

After Ttl with 1 year tag $29,970

My local dealer in MI is giving me this price beating a deal @ OH (240 miles away from home) over $130 base and over $300 premium. Let me know what you think. Putting a deposit tommorow

2014 wrx hatch
    Sts
    Exhaust spt
    Boost gauge

$25,850

2014 wrx premium hatch

Sts
    Exhaust
    Boost gauge

$27,900

After Ttl with 1 year tag $29,970

Do the premium if you can swing it. That's a pretty good deal with those options

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor View Post
    My local dealer in MI is giving me this price beating a deal @ OH (240 miles away from home) over $130 base and over $300 premium. Let me know what you think. Putting a deposit tommorow

2014 wrx hatch
    Sts
    Exhaust spt
    Boost gauge

$25,850

Velo, could I please ask what dealership you are dealing with? I'm in Michigan as well. Feel free to PM me is you don't want to make it totally public. Per Edmunds.com invoice on a base Hatch with destination and zero options is $25,388. So for them to throw in a short shift kit, boost gauge, & cat-back SPT exhaust for an extra $662, it sounds like a deal I'd be happy with. There must be some dealer hold backs or incentives at play as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.