New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just ordered my SWP 5 door today @ 0 below invoice. They said car should be here in 6-8 weeks....

Just ordered my SWP 5 door today @ $200 below invoice. They said car should be here in 6-8 weeks.
    2014 WRX SWP Hatch

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    It's because Subaru is split up into a bunch of different distributorships. Technically yes you could go 3 states away and their invoice may be less. However, there is really no resource that spells out each regions invoice price (other than edmunds who is routinely way off due to not including advertising fees that the dealer pays as a part of their invoice price, read the fine print) Even if there were such a price list, that would not guarantee you any savings. In fact they may even charge more! For instance, invoice is 300 less for CA dealers than for me, yet they routinely charge thousands more than I do because they can. Also its just a different market out there and they may have other costs that I don't have or know about( for instance subaru may pitch in more for my advertising costs than theirs) The bottom line is, if you pay 26k or less for a base WRX you did well and got a performance car bargain. Life is too short to excessively stress about getting the very lowest deal known to man. Do you worry what your neighbor paid for his mattress? My advice is to just find a good dealer who you can trust who gives you good service and a fair price and buy the car. Then don't look back and enjoy it! I routinely see poor souls tear their hair out and shop for months to get 500 lower than what dealers are quoting them, but they probably would be able to save that much on car insurance by calling 4 or 5 companies for quotes which hardly anyone does, and it would only take them an hour. If you're financing, you're looking at less than 10 bucks per month saved for tons of aggravation. Honestly if that is the amount holding you back from buying a car, you cant really afford that car. Not saying you shouldn't try to get a good price but don't beat yourself up if you paid 500 over the next guy, its not worth the stress, and after all if you really wanted to save money over everything else you should be buying a base impreza!
    I pmed you. $500 is $500.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just surprised as the first impressions I got from some dealers I went to was that they hardly got any WRXs, they go fast, so you pretty much are paying MSRP. Then I had one dealer say all their cars they sell $500 over invoice. I thought wow. Then I went to the dealer in my area that contacted me as I registered via Costco auto program that I was looking for one. And the guy when I went in looked it up and I get the car and any accessories at order time at invoice. I thought even more wow on a car I can pick what I want. And now to here others beating that I think not so super wow. But I will say the invoice is better a bit than Trucar shows. But Trucar I dont get if the price they mention includes the options the person got. If it does then maybe invoice aint all that.

Also down here in Virginia there is no limit on processing fees. So dealers in my area charge $400 -$600.

And I'm curious do people just say I want it for $200 below invoice or thats what is offered?
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 08-29-2013 at 06:41 PM.

[QUOTE=rexxx0486;3040473]Well that one was one of my customers, so anyone who is a member here can get that deal from me! We can sell for under invoice because the dealer gets a "holdback" credit that makes it feasible. As for telling dealers what other dealers will do, they really won't really care what you say another dealer "says they would do" honestly, too many buyers are liars, and you didn't buy it there, so I doubt that will gain you any leverage. Best bet is to make a fair offer and say "look if you can't do it its fine, but if you can here is my credit card and I will buy today" That is music to a dealers ears.

SO you mentioned that "Real actual Invoice at my location for a 2014 wrx is about 25500 inc destination of that helps anyone". SO he got it for more than $500 off since it included fog lights?

[QUOTE=grendels_wrx;3040584]
    SO you mentioned that "Real actual Invoice at my location for a 2014 wrx is about 25500 inc destination of that helps anyone". SO he got it for more than $500 off since it included fog lights?
    No, I'm paying additional for the fogs.
    MSRP is 387 on them, I am paying 323.

I got my 2013 Wrx Sedan for 28,000 out the door w/ short shifter & cargo trunk. I got below invoice at 25.4k. I got the base model which I am going to add wheel locks of course ($25) and fogs ($?). =]

Quote Originally Posted by blee5192 View Post
    I got my 2013 Wrx Sedan for 28,000 out the door w/ short shifter & cargo trunk. I got below invoice at 25.4k. I got the base model which I am going to add wheel locks of course ($25) and fogs ($?). =]
    You went in and said "I want it for this price" or they volunteered below invoice?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    You went in and said "I want it for this price" or they volunteered below invoice?
    I would bet he said thats what he wanted... pretty unlikely that a dealer would offer 200 under invoice first pencil
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I would bet he said thats what he wanted... pretty unlikely that a dealer would offer 200 under invoice first pencil
    FYI - i live in Denver, CO. i looked on autotrader.com and saw that a dealer in Colorado Springs was listing a 2013 new sedan in WR blue for $25,300.
    so i called them and said i wanted a brand new hatchback, manual, and in PBP color. Also mentioning that i have never bought a brand new car before and that i was not in a hurry to get the vehicle. He said he would look at the pipeline and call me back shortly. 20 minutes later he called and said in one month they are starting the build on want i am looking for. price $24,339 + $389 (D&H) + local taxes. I put my $1000 down on C/card to claim it, expected arrival is towards end of October. i am looking at the sold order form. it states MSRP $26,790. this is all exactly how it went down, no joke. i was just about to buy a used 2013 for $23k with 2500 miles on it.

deals can be found. it appears there are big difference in values even if you just look on autotrader for new ones on all distances to home. dealers have variances, regional or whatever.

i cant wait for mine to arrive!!! although not excited a out insurance or loan payment.

2013 WRX Sedan Premium w/ Nav, STI Short-throw shifter, all weather mats, dimming homelink w/ compass rearview

MSRP - $30,866
    Paid - $29,500 + tax

I paid $26.6 on my '13 WRB hatch base, MRSP $27.3. I guess I didn't get nearly the deal some of you did, but I'm kind of siding with Rex on this one. I paid a bit more than maybe I could have, but they had the car I wanted, they are getting very hard to find in Washington (Subaru's are HUGE up here; there are independent shops just for Subarus all over the place. I had to drive over an hour south to find mine), and the monthly payment was right at what I wanted to pay. I feel like I have a great car for the money and have no buyers remorse. Want to make up the few hundred bucks in the total loan? Go out to eat fast food two times less a month. Problem solved. You're welcome for the health benefits .
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grendels_wrx View Post
    I pmed you. $500 is $500.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just surprised as the first impressions I got from some dealers I went to was that they hardly got any WRXs, they go fast, so you pretty much are paying MSRP. Then I had one dealer say all their cars they sell $500 over invoice. I thought wow. Then I went to the dealer in my area that contacted me as I registered via Costco auto program that I was looking for one. And the guy when I went in looked it up and I get the car and any accessories at order time at invoice. I thought even more wow on a car I can pick what I want. And now to here others beating that I think not so super wow. But I will say the invoice is better a bit than Trucar shows. But Trucar I dont get if the price they mention includes the options the person got. If it does then maybe invoice aint all that.

Also down here in Virginia there is no limit on processing fees. So dealers in my area charge $400 -$600.

And I'm curious do people just say I want it for $200 below invoice or thats what is offered?
    Both Rex and grendels have excellent points here. It's impossible to know what dealers will offer until you talk to them. Yes it does vary by region and yes it can be maddening shopping for a car, especially one like this that you want to have to your exacting specs. However I will say this; I understand your point of "$500 is $500" and that's not an amount of money to sneeze at, but when you're buying a $25,000+ car, $500 shouldn't be the determining factor. From a strictly mathematical standpoint, that's 2% of $25k. If I'm spending that much money on something, I wouldn't let $500 get I the way. That's less than two monthly payments.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I paid 27.4 incl Tax for 2014 Base Hatch

1. Fog Lights
    2. Under seat sub
    3. Roof rack
    4. all weather mats
    5. illumination kit
    6. Bumper Cover

Any suggestion on what I can add/ remove?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd ditch the under seat sub, its nothing special and if you want real bass subaru sells a Kicker sub that is much better. Also if you ever upgrade your head unit (which I would) you wouldn't be able to re use your under seat sub, but you could re use the kicker sub.

Quote Originally Posted by rudra View Post
    I paid 27.4 incl Tax for 2014 Base Hatch

1. Fog Lights
    2. Under seat sub
    3. Roof rack
    4. all weather mats
    5. illumination kit
    6. Bumper Cover

Any suggestion on what I can add/ remove?
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Thanks dude! I will try calling up my dealer and ask him to cancel the underseat sub and add short throw! Lets see what he says..

Quote Originally Posted by rudra View Post
    Thanks dude! I will try calling up my dealer and ask him to cancel the underseat sub and add short throw! Lets see what he says..
    Should be fine. I was told that they add the accessories after they build and ship the car here... at least that is what i was told
    14 WRX SWP Sedan
    Fog lights, Short throw shifter, SPT Exhaust,