New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subie Guy here.. What did you pay for your wrx 2014 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mattymess That seems like an insane deal! I thought I got a good price @ ,500 considering ...

Quote Originally Posted by mattymess View Post
    That seems like an insane deal! I thought I got a good price @ $27,500 considering the invoice was just over $28,000.
    So your window sticker msrp at about 28 you got 27.5 otd?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That seems like an insane deal! I thought I got a good price @ $27,500 considering the invoice was just over $28,000.

Quote Originally Posted by a10495 View Post
    Base you should be around otd at 26k
    You can go to truecar.com and see what you should be paying around your area and you can bring that in.
    Plus they want to get what they have out to bring the 2015s in so you should be able to get a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MiAwrx2014 View Post
    Base you should be around otd at 26k
    You can go to truecar.com and see what you should be paying around your area and you can bring that in.
    Plus they want to get what they have out to bring the 2015s in so you should be able to get a good deal.
    I found a base one with a sticker of 26.7 and the others are 28.1 what prices you think I can get otd for those ?and I'm trying to figure if the true car price is what people paid otd right ?

Window sticker MSRP was $29,590. Truecar was $27,846. I paid $27,500 BEFORE tax/title/license. Also got them to throw in in all weather floor mats.

I wish I negotiated harder though...I think I could have gotten it for $27k if I really tried.

Edit: This was for the Premium trim

Window sticker MSRP was $29,590. Truecar was $27,846. I paid $27,500 BEFORE tax/title/license. Also got them to throw in in all weather floor mats.

I wish I negotiated harder though...I think I could have gotten it for $27k if I really tried.

Edit: This was for the Premium trim
    Oh ok I see ! Before taxes and everything so I'm guessing after that if was 29? And dang since mine would be bone stock I might get them to try and throw in a sub or something . Lol or some all weather mats or something ! But yeah true car I'll use !

Oh ok I see ! Before taxes and everything so I'm guessing after that if was 29? And dang since mine would be bone stock I might get them to try and throw in a sub or something . Lol or some all weather mats or something ! But yeah true car I'll use !
    I live in Los Angeles where the taxes are pretty high (9.25%), so after TTL, it came out to just above $30k.

You can either get them to throw in extras if you're planning on buying anyway or negotiate a lower price. Researching invoice pricing helped me a lot. Use Edmunds and NADA for accurate pricing.

Don't be afraid to offer lower than the invoice since the dealer also makes money on top of the invoice from Subaru (called dealer holdback). The worst they can say is no and they will counter with another offer. Good luck!

I live in Los Angeles where the taxes are pretty high (9.25%), so after TTL, it came out to just above $30k.

You can either get them to throw in extras if you're planning on buying anyway or negotiate a lower price. Researching invoice pricing helped me a lot. Use Edmunds and NADA for accurate pricing.

Don't be afraid to offer lower than the invoice since the dealer also makes money on top of the invoice from Subaru (called dealer holdback). The worst they can say is no and they will counter with another offer. Good luck!
    thank! yeah i live up north from you! i live in san jose! and yeah i researched for a low price! :P

thank! yeah i live up north from you! i live in san jose! and yeah i researched for a low price! :P

Invoice isn't what a dealer pays for the car. I work for a dealership. What they pay is invoice- holdback. Holdback is what the dealer holds to pay the bank interest on the car while it sits on the lot. If you order a car you can get a better deal because the car never sits on the lot.
    Sorry if this was explained before. I only read the first page haha

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    Invoice isn't what a dealer pays for the car. I work for a dealership. What they pay is invoice- holdback. Holdback is what the dealer holds to pay the bank interest on the car while it sits on the lot. If you order a car you can get a better deal because the car never sits on the lot.
    Sorry if this was explained before. I only read the first page haha
    the car that i want is on their lot, so should i be aiming for invoice price???

You can still aim for less than invoice. Just unlikely that they will budge.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    You can still aim for less than invoice. Just unlikely that they will budge.
    i will try but i'll just go for invoice then! lol

I always low ball, and let the dealer work back to me, bear in mind that they will make their money. Treat the trade in as a separate deal, if you have one.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    I always low ball, and let the dealer work back to me, bear in mind that they will make their money. Treat the trade in as a separate deal, if you have one.
    definitely! already sold my car and will be getting the rex tomorrow! !!