New member, not an owner yet (order question)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member, not an owner yet (order question) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thinking of ordering a 2014 wrx. The dealer here said he had a few coming in and he tried to ...

New member, not an owner yet (order question)

Thinking of ordering a 2014 wrx. The dealer here said he had a few coming in and he tried to sell me on a base WR blue one (the color I want). Should they be able to order what I want versus just selling me what they have coming in? I do want the blue but think I would prefer the premium trim to the base. He acted like they couldn't order me anything but what they had coming in already.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just ordered mine. Every dealer I spoke with said I could order what I ever I wanted. The only issue, is you would have to wait a few months before the vehicle would arrive.

I'm in the same boat, dealer has a Base Trim STi on it's way but said he should be able to order me an STi "Limited" in the Hatch which apparently isn't sent without request anymore.

Are you looking for a Hatch or Sedan?

keep in mind that their swap manager will also try to swap locally on incoming inventory ... say they have someone who wants SWP they will port swap their WR to your dealer. but they wont usually promise you anything but you may get a call that your car arrived earlier.. for the dealers they WANT to SELL what has been allotted to them.

DONT settle on what you really want unless they have another tsunami and production has stopped. I want a limited white and called everyone in 12 states. I have a loaded base at no extra cost but still no roof.

I ordered my 2014 WRX Aug 1st when orders opened.

I am looking for the sedan. I want either the premium or limited. I would like the basic upgrades past the base and that is what they have coming in. I will go talk to them again and see what they say.

OP: Welcome to the club! That manager is giving you a bunch of bull. At this point, they can order exactly what you want. And if for some reason ordering isn't an option, use technology to your advantage. Search other dealer's inventory on the web and give them a call. Search the entire country if you have to. Just don't give up on your dream car!!! Cheers, and best of luck.

Well said ^^ Been there, done that. Decided to wait for the 14 and ordered it the day orders opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    OP: Welcome to the club! That manager is giving you a bunch of bull. At this point, they can order exactly what you want. And if for some reason ordering isn't an option, use technology to your advantage. Search other dealer's inventory on the web and give them a call. Search the entire country if you have to. Just don't give up on your dream car!!! Cheers, and best of luck.
    +1000
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    I don't understand why everyone orders their WRX's, instead of going to a dealership that can find you a car. My ETA for my 13 Premium was 3-4 months to order from one dealership. I went to another dealership that snagged me a the color and trim I wanted from 500 miles away. They paid shipping and I had my car within four days.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone orders their WRX's, instead of going to a dealership that can find you a car. My ETA for my 13 Premium was 3-4 months to order from one dealership. I went to another dealership that snagged me a the color and trim I wanted from 500 miles away. They paid shipping and I had my car within four days.
    This isn't always the case. I think you lucked out. I had been searching since May 1st and if you're unwilling to compromise on trim and goodies (in my case I wanted a rare one: limited, STS, Nav), then you will have a hard time finding something off a lot somewhere. The benefit, obviously, to ordering is you get exactly what you want. In ProZach's case, he probably did not have to compromise much as it looks like he has a premium level trim. Those are much more common than a limited. Ordering anything less than a limited is feel is unnecessary as there are more base and premium you can find anywhere in the country, as ProZach said.

On the ordering front, they are feeding you a line to get you to buy that car they have coming in. They can order you whatever you want, anytime. I feel they are being dishonest and if they are already, is that really a dealer you want to associate with? I would say no and go somewhere else where they can get you/find you whatever you want. The '14s will be in dealers un let Sept-late Oct. Take Brazilnut's advice and start looking around the interwebz. Don't give up and keep looking! You'll find it with some patience and a bit of work.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

2014 WRX Hot Hatch in Plasma Blue Pearl

Hello people in the same boat as me!!
    i just ordered my 2014 WRX Hot Hatch in Plasma Blue Pearl. The build starts in 1 month. i am not in a rush and am happy to wait 2 months for my new car. i was very happy with the price too.
    I am just going for the basic WRX. i dont care about sunroofs or leather seats. Any advice on what add ons to get to make it look even more beautiful is very welcome please??
    Robert, in Colorado.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mutchwrx View Post
    Hello people in the same boat as me!!
    i just ordered my 2014 WRX Hot Hatch in Plasma Blue Pearl. The build starts in 1 month. i am not in a rush and am happy to wait 2 months for my new car. i was very happy with the price too.
    I am just going for the basic WRX. i dont care about sunroofs or leather seats. Any advice on what add ons to get to make it look even more beautiful is very welcome please??
    Robert, in Colorado.
    You might want to check with your dealer on that color. PBP is discontinued for '14 model year per our resident ClubWRX preferred vendor, Clayton (salesman at Ramsey Subaru, Ramsey NJ). If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me on this, but this is what I have heard from multiple sources.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I think the dealer may have misunderstood. I sent them an email asking about ordering and he said it was a great time to order and it would be no problem. So it seems they are fine to order me one. I am going to go sometime this week and see what kinda deal they can work out with me on my trade in. I am still torn on trying to wait to see what the 2015's look like though, or just going ahead an ordering one.

The dealer I am working with did tell me that they had a 2014 PBP coming in so it seems they don't think the PBP is discontinued at this time... but maybe they are mistaken about what they have coming in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    You might want to check with your dealer on that color. PBP is discontinued for '14 model year per our resident ClubWRX preferred vendor, Clayton (salesman at Ramsey Subaru, Ramsey NJ). If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me on this, but this is what I have heard from multiple sources.
    cars101 is pretty much THE authority on Subaru specs & according to them,there are no color changes for 2014.

2014 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback Scroll down to "About 2014 Subaru Impreza".
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.