Just got some Pics!!!

This is a discussion on Just got some Pics!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

Just got some Pics!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0159.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	115682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0165.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	115683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0160.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	115684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0165.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	115683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0163.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	115685

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just waxed my baby yesterday too....got all the swirl marks the dealer put on there because they have no idea on how to wax cars....this is done by a buddy of mine who is a professional detailer.

I love her soooo much, I have tears dripping down my face as I am typing...lol

Coming soon will be pics of her with the Alpine In-Dash Navigation with back-up camera, and an Alpine flip down dvd player for the kids. I was considering getting 1 screen for each headrest, but I don't want to put holes in the headrests because I can void the warranty....just in case something happens to the seat down the road...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    I love her soooo much, I have tears dripping down my face as I am typing...lol
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Swirl marks aren't often from them [dealer] waxing the car improperly, unless the applicator is dirty (which, it most like is anyway since they probably use the same one for every car ). Though that doesn't exclude waxing as the cause, it most likely is due to their horrendous care when washing [brand new] cars and detailing them in general. Not sure why they bother telling customers they "detailed" their cars for pick-up, when there was likely zero attention paid to detail. I digress..

I hope your friend actually machine polished your swirls out, because wax does nothing to remove swirls and only helps to hide them (which it doesn't even do that well if your car has some seriously swirled up paint). Nice car, enjoy!

Trust me he knows what he's doing.....wash, clay bar, then 2 coats of wax....smooth as a babies bottom.

I wasn't trying to discredit your friend. I was just trying to clarify what kind of paint correction he did to remove swirls. Unless he actually polished the paint, those swirls are still there and will reappear once the wax has worn off. Furthermore, claying often leaves behind micro-marring of the paint so its good practice to follow up claying with a light polish before a wax or sealant.