New meber and new Subi owner

This is a discussion on New meber and new Subi owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guy, Im Tim and im from St Louis MO. I'm picking up a semi modded 05 WRX this weekend ...

New meber and new Subi owner

Hey guy, Im Tim and im from St Louis MO. I'm picking up a semi modded 05 WRX this weekend and just wanted to check in and say hi. ive been searching for a WRB non molested subi for a while now and i just found one that i just couldn't pass up. its has 120k on it but it still feels like a new car. I just need to think of a few ideas for the license plate.
    a few of my friends have wrx's and 2 have built sti's and ive been loving these cars. I look forward to all the usefull info and stickies on the site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Make sure the timing belt has been done (required at 105K miles) and you get all the maintenance records to prove it has been taken care of.

the timing belt (replaced with a gates belt), water pump, and thermostat where all replaced at 100,000/105,000 miles and all the proper maintence things have been done at the dealer. the seller has a box full of receipts for everything thats been done.

im still doing a lot of research on the parts that were upgraded on the car. its currently tuned for 93 octane and has estimated 260 hp and 290 trq to the wheels. i plan on doing a awd dyno to see if its true numbers

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you've done a little homework on this car

ive taken a lot of usefull info off here and another site before i started looking for one.

i think the car might need a center diff bearing eventually. owner said sometimes it makes an uneven raow sound like a mangy cat and only on deceleration. i couldnt hear anything out of the ordanary when we took it out for a drive. it drove and shifted perfectly. had a 40k mile trans replaced since the last one had a bad center diff in it. still have the origonal trans for it too

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC