Bugeyed Noob

This is a discussion on Bugeyed Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody! Name's Jason and I am a proud new owner of a 2002 WRB Bugeye from the Bay Area ...

rxd

Bugeyed Noob

Hey everybody! Name's Jason and I am a proud new owner of a 2002 WRB Bugeye from the Bay Area in California.

Inherited the car from my brother because it couldn't pass smog, and on the condition I got it to pass it was mine. He had installed a lightweight flywheel and after a while a CEL showed up (misfire code). According to his research and troubleshooting he determined the flywheel was the cause. Replaced the flywheel with a stock one and the problem was solved. That was about 6 months ago and the car has been running great since (and man am I loving it!). Recently, however, the CEL returned. Misfire on cylinder 1. Can't be the flywheel anymore... Still in the process of working out what the problem is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome to the forums! Pics? Love me some bugeye!
    Stephen
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787 <--- Good Info
    2002 Impreza WRX "BugEye"

rxd
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    That's the plan. Stumbled upon that recently while doing some research. Went on vacation for 3 weeks right after and haven't gotten a chance to try and tackle anything yet.

As for pics, sadly this is the best I've got at the moment. From an autox shortly after I got the car.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subie.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	115640