Decision made! Now options to order? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Decision made! Now options to order? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi Subaru will never cover a kartboy part under their warranty. I think what he is saying ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Subaru will never cover a kartboy part under their warranty. I think what he is saying that to have the SPT stuff from subaru included in your warranty you need to have it installed before you drive off the lot with it. If not than it is really no different than putting any aftermarket part on your car.
    This is what I meant.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When your homelink mirror falls off, you can unplug it from the wire to keep it from smashing your windshield and/or face.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    2013 WRX Premium Hatch DGM

Quote Originally Posted by WS6roars View Post
    When your homelink mirror falls off, you can unplug it from the wire to keep it from smashing your windshield and/or face.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Oh man, you are getting my hope up! I have addressed this with dealer and have been assured it would be fixed if something happened.

On a side not, I received my sales receipt. It looks like my expected arrival is December!!!! Is this right?? Does it take that long? I have also told quite a few ppl and a few friends are counting down the days with me. only 120 to go

Damn!! I pre-ordered mine around this time last year and got it like the 3rd week in Oct. Hope it comes sooner man 👍
    Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan

Should've gotten the mirror though I will say that. Having nothing to tap my radar detector into sucks. I'm going to have to pull the harness outta the head liner now and have it coming down the windshield...which is gonna look stupid, but better than a wire draping my whole dashboard I suppose.[/QUOTE]

^^^ Does this mean the WRX does not have a cig lighter adapter or other power source for a radar detector? Does this further mean that I have to order a special mirror in order to have a power source for my radar detector?

Tks/B

I Support ClubWRX
    [/QUOTE]^^^ Does this mean the WRX does not have a cig lighter adapter or other power source for a radar detector? Does this further mean that I have to order a special mirror in order to have a power source for my radar detector?

Tks/B[/QUOTE]

You could tap into the power for your dash clock.

Def not Ben! Like mentioned, you can tap the clock harness or the mirror harness that's inside the roof panel. I'd personally run the wire up the windshield rather than down it as it'll be less visual.

But there's a cig lighter on the dash and also one in the armrest. I'm just an OCD freak and can't accept wires just dangling all over my dash lol!

^^^ Whew, tks Gents! Thought I had to cancel my pending order. No cig lighter/power source for radar detector is a deal breaker for me. Can't live w/o my radar detector. No, I don't go/drive crazy, I just feel a bit more comfortable with my radar detector. ;-)

My local dealer has not had a Subie for months. Can't wait to finally see one of the last couple of WRXs they have coming in either this month or next...

Cheers/BB

Quote Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
    Should've gotten the mirror though I will say that. Having nothing to tap my radar detector into sucks. I'm going to have to pull the harness outta the head liner now and have it coming down the windshield...which is gonna look stupid, but better than a wire draping my whole dashboard I suppose.
    ^^^ Does this mean the WRX does not have a cig lighter adapter or other power source for a radar detector? Does this further mean that I have to order a special mirror in order to have a power source for my radar detector?

Tks/B[/QUOTE]

There are 2 cig lighters in the WRX. I think he was saying he would have had the wire dangling from the windshield to the front plug if he wasn't able to tap into the mirror's power source.

^THIS^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.