New soon to be owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New soon to be owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just dropping the necessary hello post. I am looking to buy a Subie in the next approximately year when my ...

New soon to be owner

Just dropping the necessary hello post. I am looking to buy a Subie in the next approximately year when my lease on my F150 is up. I've bought most of my cars in last minute decisions or when sitting in the lobby getting an oil change. Trying something different this time. Also have some questions that I'll post in the Q&A area when I find it. Hailing from Omaha, NE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Go ahead and ask your questions here

Thanks. Question that does not relate directly to my acquisition is here ->2004 WRX STI troubleshooting (misfire and general mayhem)

Now for me personally. I have an F150 Ecoboost that I am two years in to a three year lease. I love the truck, but found I just don't use it "as a truck" as much as I thought I would. Too much money for too big a vehicle to be a DD for me.

Though its not a racer, the whole concept of boost and turbo grew on me a lot in the last couple of years. I have it email tuned and it moves for a 5500 lb beast. My previous car was a Mustang and I want something again with more kick, but I HATED having two vehicles (winter driver).

So that leaves me looking at a Subie for the next ride. Though the lease numbers say they have a residual of 60% on a three year STI, the resale numbers say otherwise. This means I could lease a new one and be in a good situation. But, that also means if I want to buy a used one, I am paying a bit of a premium. Four and five year old STIs seem to be going for several thousands above residual.

If I get an early out option on my truck, it would come in the next few months, otherwise I will need to be looking next fall. Should I just sit back, do some reading/learning and wait for the 2015 or jump on the chance to get a 2014 or other used if I get the early out option this fall?

I know there are a lot of factors that can play in the decision, just looking for what current owners would think they would do if they were in my shoes.

Thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well if you lease the STI you really won't be able to do any modifications to it because I think that would violate the lease terms.

Regarding the wait until 2015...That is a big up in the air question. No one knows what subaru is going to do in 2015. There might not even be an STI for all we know. It might just be the WRX at that point, and who knows what it will look like let alone what the new engine will be! I would say that if you like the current WRX/STI, then go for it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.