New Owner, 2013 WRX Limited DGM (MA)

This is a discussion on New Owner, 2013 WRX Limited DGM (MA) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi All, I've been lurking for the past week trying to absorb all I can about my new WRX and ...

New Owner, 2013 WRX Limited DGM (MA)

Hi All,

I've been lurking for the past week trying to absorb all I can about my new WRX and have to say I've already received more assistance via PM's from a single member here than I've received almost anywhere else. Maybe I've been lucky, but so far the Subaru owners I've come across appear to be some of the most friendly and helpful car owners/enthusiasts out there. Maybe it's partly the older demographic (I'm early 30's), but I never felt at home on any of the 350z forums.

Anyhow, my previous car was a 2007 350z which I bought when I was a lot younger and more impulsive. I barely got by during the winter using a dedicated set of Blizzaks, but I knew sooner or later I'd have to find a much more practical car. I didn't plan on buying the WRX, or at least not so soon. I dropped by a dealership with my gf last weekend just to take a look, next thing I know I'm test driving, then putting a down payment on one all in the same day.

I was a little frustrated because I was hoping to land a Plasma Blue Pearl premium model but it didn't work out. Rather than wait for another one to come along, I decided to go with this DGM 2013 Limited WRX.

Love the car so far, although I'm still handicapped by the 1k break in period. The cars feels great around town though, even under 4k. The only upgrades so far have been 35% tint all around. Future plans at this time involve locating a decent set of winter wheels/tires or purchasing some good All Seasons. After that (and as soon as my wallet recovers), I'll be looking to hopefully get to Stage II.

No complaints so far except for the shifter, kind of wishing I paid the extra for a short throw shifter but it'll have to do for now.

Here's a pic of the new ride:

And the previous one:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome. Looks great! Do you have any more side angle pictures of the WRX with the tint? I am getting mine tinted soon and just want to see what 35% looks like on the car. Too bad about the Z, I can understand though, I have a 370 and would never even dream of driving it in the winter. It gets squirrly if the temp even goes below 35.

OP, welcome and congrats on the new car. I'd suggest a dedicated set of winter tires to really help put the awd to use. nokian hakkapeliitta, general altimax arctics, and bridgestone blizzaks seem to be the three most popular choices around here. Oh and based on your first choice of car, don't look at my sig (sorry, had to)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJameson View Post
    Do you have any more side angle pictures of the WRX with the tint? I am getting mine tinted soon and just want to see what 35% looks like on the car.
    2011/12's - Post your tint pics PLEASE!
    Should be able to find plenty of examples in that thread. I've got 35% on my car and really like it. Not too dark and not too light.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJameson View Post
    Welcome. Looks great! Do you have any more side angle pictures of the WRX with the tint? I am getting mine tinted soon and just want to see what 35% looks like on the car. Too bad about the Z, I can understand though, I have a 370 and would never even dream of driving it in the winter. It gets squirrly if the temp even goes below 35.
    35% looks great on the car, especially when it's overcast, btw that's 35% also on the Z. It's definitely not as dark as limo tint, and you can see through it, but it looks classy and good on the car. Unfortunately, I haven't taken too many pics, so they're not the best for showing the tint, but here's another:

I actually allowed the guy to upsell me the 'better performing' tint which is supposed to reflect more sunlight, keeping it cooler inside and protecting the leather seats.

Yeah, the Z is def not made for winters. They do a good job of cleaning up the roads around here so I could get by using dedicated winter tires, but it was always scary and a big risk.

Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    OP, welcome and congrats on the new car. I'd suggest a dedicated set of winter tires to really help put the awd to use. nokian hakkapeliitta, general altimax arctics, and bridgestone blizzaks seem to be the three most popular choices around here. Oh and based on your first choice of car, don't look at my sig (sorry, had to)
    Sonuva!! jk. I think I'm getting over not having the plasma blue (slowly). Passed one just this morning, of course in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "that's probably the guy that bought the same one I wanted!"

It's a beautiful color, but close enough to my past two cars that it's probably good to switch it up this time.

I'm seriously considering the Altimax, only the speed rating for them seems pretty low (99 mph). Around here they do a pretty good job cleaning up, and I'm close enough to the highway, that I know I will be going at a good pace at times (maybe not a 100 mph, but commonly between 75-80).