Another FNG

This is a discussion on Another FNG within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up a 13 ice silver 4 door base. This is my first Subaru after years of about all ...

Another FNG

Just picked up a 13 ice silver 4 door base. This is my first Subaru after years of about all other imports. Civic SI's, Mazdaspeed 3, NSX...etc. Still waiting for my SPT exhaust, rear spoiler, front lip spoiler and fog Light kit to come in at the dealer. Been reading quite a bit here and looks like a great place to be. Take it easy on an old dude and tell me some must do's. Loving the car so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

I'm quite jealous that you have owned a NSX.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks for the welcome. I was in negotiations to get it back from the guy that bought it from me but practicality prevailed in a four door. Was definitely my favorite vehicle that I've owned thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Welcome!

I'm quite jealous that you have owned a NSX.

^Fap
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Must dos include research. Don't just jump into buying every mod under the stars and thinking you can slap them on there. You're alright right now with the SPT stuff, but when you get into power-adding mods, you gotta prep for having an appropriate tune in the works as well.

Welcome!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Must dos include research. Don't just jump into buying every mod under the stars and thinking you can slap them on there. You're alright right now with the SPT stuff, but when you get into power-adding mods, you gotta prep for having an appropriate tune in the works as well.

Welcome!!!
    Thanks and noted. That's what I've gathered form what all I've read and while wanting to keep my warranty in tact, I'll just leave it alone for now. Maybe a little stereo work but that's about it. I was thinking along the lines of maintenance tips and such. Looks like you all have a great site with most all of it covered. I look to be a valued contributor to the WRX community. Thanks again for having me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Joe View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I was in negotiations to get it back from the guy that bought it from me but practicality prevailed in a four door. Was definitely my favorite vehicle that I've owned thus far.

I likie.

Had to put up a few pics. Nothing special just thought I'd share. Lovin' my first Subaru!!

Just picked up a 13 ice silver 4 door base. This is my first Subaru after years of about all other imports. Civic SI's, Mazdaspeed 3, NSX...etc. Still waiting for my SPT exhaust, rear spoiler, front lip spoiler and fog Light kit to come in at the dealer. Been reading quite a bit here and looks like a great place to be. Take it easy on an old dude and tell me some must do's. Loving the car so far.
    ^^^ KJ: How about an update on your car when all of your mods arrive and are installed? Curious to get your take on any SOTP differences, and your opinion of the SPT exhaust sound/limited performance increase(?), and the front lip spoiler observations, upon their installation. I plan to order those two options...

As an FNG to Subbie, I read in a Car & Driver article (test btw: WRX MS3, GTi, & Mitsu) that the SPT exhaust adds 10 hp and 10 ft/lbs of torque increases. I don't believe it (IMHO there is little to no performance increase with just a catback), but am interested in your thougths/experiences...

Tks/Cheers/GL,

B

Quote Originally Posted by BenDiem View Post
    ^^^ KJ: How about an update on your car when all of your mods arrive and are installed? Curious to get your take on any SOTP differences, and your opinion of the SPT exhaust sound/limited performance increase(?), and the front lip spoiler observations, upon their installation. I plan to order those two options...

As an FNG to Subbie, I read in a Car & Driver article (test btw: WRX MS3, GTi, & Mitsu) that the SPT exhaust adds 10 hp and 10 ft/lbs of torque increases. I don't believe it (IMHO there is little to no performance increase with just a catback), but am interested in your thougths/experiences...

Tks/Cheers/GL,

B
    SOTP is just that. Louder and better sound (IMO) makes it seem a little quicker but you'd probably have to dyno it to really tell the difference. Kind of an in your head thing as I didn't have the stock on but for a week. The new exhaust gets larger diameter piping and deletes the resonator. Essentially looks the same from the rear. In the pics above everything is done but it's a little hard to see the front lip. I like it a lot and it looks really clean. Unobtrusive and looks like it should have been there all along. Same with the fogs.

SOTP is just that. Louder and better sound (IMO) makes it seem a little quicker but you'd probably have to dyno it to really tell the difference. Kind of an in your head thing as I didn't have the stock on but for a week. The new exhaust gets larger diameter piping and deletes the resonator. Essentially looks the same from the rear. In the pics above everything is done but it's a little hard to see the front lip. I like it a lot and it looks really clean. Unobtrusive and looks like it should have been there all along. Same with the fogs.
    ^^^ Tks for your observations! Enjoy your new car!

Best/Cheers,

B

I saw your comment about keeping the warranty intact, and you should know that nothing will void your warranty. SoA can only deny a claim if a mod is what led to a problem. In your case, maybe you'd want to away from tuning, but you could look into suspension mods or even a short shifter and bushings.

Looks good, dude. Enjoy it!
    2012 WRX Premium - Lightning Red Sedan