Broken In - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Broken In within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I understand everyone's take on this. My thing is: it's obvious everyone has been told different from their dealership, ie.: ...

I understand everyone's take on this. My thing is: it's obvious everyone has been told different from their dealership, ie.: 1000 miles break in, 2000 mile break in, yes oil change at 1000, no at 1000, 3000 mile oil change, 5000 mile oil change, 7500 mile change, and the list of constant difference in information leads me to believe no one truly knows. It is only a guess. There are wrx owners who have gone by the 1000 break in or a 2000 break in, no break in, little break in and all have perfectly running wrxs'. So, if one chosen to wait until that magical 1000 mile mark, what, does the car say to its self, Ok drive me like you stole me. I don't think so. Just food for thought for the next wrx newbie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I understand everyone's take on this. My thing is: it's obvious everyone has been told different from their dealership, ie.: 1000 miles break in, 2000 mile break in, yes oil change at 1000, no at 1000, 3000 mile oil change, 5000 mile oil change, 7500 mile change, and the list of constant difference in information leads me to believe no one truly knows. It is only a guess. There are wrx owners who have gone by the 1000 break in or a 2000 break in, no break in, little break in and all have perfectly running wrxs'. So, if one chosen to wait until that magical 1000 mile mark, what, does the car say to its self, Ok drive me like you stole me. I don't think so. Just food for thought for the next wrx newbie.

Yes someone does know for sure... Subaru, they've build millions of these engines and engineered these things so they know what works and what doesn't... That's like saying they don't know anything about awd systems in cars when they have built more awd cars then any other automaker and have it down to a science!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Agreed, but still doesn't explain why Subaru has its own employees giving such different advice. I think someone needs to send out a mass email at Subaru on proper information to give to new Subie owners so that there is not this much controversy.

I Support ClubWRX
    They really made a mess with the new owner manuals and the 2006 oil TSB.

However dealership workers are employed by that dealer, not Subaru, and I don't think SOA is the exclusive importer of Subarus in the US - what happens in the northeast?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    They really made a mess with the new owner manuals and the 2006 oil TSB.

However dealership workers are employed by that dealer, not Subaru, and I don't think SOA is the exclusive importer of Subarus in the US - what happens in the northeast?
    It's SOA here as well. Actually, SOA headquarters is just outside of Philadelphia.

Corporate Headquarters
    Subaru of America, Inc. moved to its current Cherry Hill, NJ, facility in 1986. The $18 million, 115,000 square-foot, seven-story structure serves as the company's national headquarters housing approximately 300 people in Finance, IT, Marketing, Sales and Product Planning. The company markets Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of approximately 600 dealers across the United States.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm I thought I'd heard some shortages in the east were due to a second distributor or something. Thanks for the info.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome to the forums.
    Stephen
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787 <--- Good Info
    2002 Impreza WRX "BugEye"

Agreed, but still doesn't explain why Subaru has its own employees giving such different advice. I think someone needs to send out a mass email at Subaru on proper information to give to new Subie owners so that there is not this much controversy.
    Dealership employees don't work for Subaru at all and don't listen to the sales people at all! They are the biggest bunch of ****tards in the world! They will tell you anything to make a sale regardless of truth... Service employees will oversell you services to make more money, just follow the manual and your covered on your end plus save every recipte to prove service history...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Dealership employees don't work for Subaru at all and don't listen to the sales people at all! They are the biggest bunch of ****tards in the world! They will tell you anything to make a sale regardless of truth... Service employees will oversell you services to make more money, just follow the manual and your covered on your end plus save every recipte to prove service history...
    There it is. New cars come with manual, just read it. What's so hard about that? My used one still had the manual, that's what I (kind of) go by. As stated above: those that are selling (car, service, whatever) will lie and steal just to make their end come out right.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I've spent hours reading my manual. Interesting how they spent more time detailing information about tires than the 1000 break in. If it were that dangerous to keep it under 4000 rps, they'd elaborate more on this. Anyway, good conversation but "I'm out". :-)

I've spent hours reading my manual. Interesting how they spent more time detailing information about tires than the 1000 break in. If it were that dangerous to keep it under 4000 rps, they'd elaborate more on this. Anyway, good conversation but "I'm out". :-)
    Not to be a wiseass, but probably because there's just more to talk about with tires. They detail the different types (A/S vs. Winter, etc) as well as having to explain rotation, proper inflation, how to check for wear, and so forth.

How much more do you need to say about keeping it under 4000 rpms than..."keep it under 4000 rpms?"
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Not to be a wiseass, but probably because there's just more to talk about with tires. They detail the different types (A/S vs. Winter, etc) as well as having to explain rotation, proper inflation, how to check for wear, and so forth.

How much more do you need to say about keeping it under 4000 rpms than..."keep it under 4000 rpms?"
    ^ that. And on the tires topic, they're the most important part of your vehicle and people woefully neglect them. I feel better when they do that to hopefully educate people to properly care for their tires. An engine can be fixed/replaced/rebuilt, a blow out at 80 mph and a massive crash most likely cannot.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12