New to ClubWRX!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to ClubWRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here. I am currently the owner of an 08 WRX with some ...

New to ClubWRX!

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting here. I am currently the owner of an 08 WRX with some modifications. I've always been a Subaru fan, I had a 2003 Silver WRX with modifications as well.

I picked up the 2008 after Hurricane Sandy took both of our cars(my wife and I) as well as a majority of the things we owned(4 ft of water in our house).

I went from:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2008.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	115519
    which was an 08 C300 4Matic to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	115520
    and we went an picked up 2013 lease for my wife since we have a 1 year old(I previously rolled a c230 and was fine, hence getting another one... thats a story for another time).

The picture above is from the day I brought it home. It was completely stock with the navigation package and heated seats with 34k on it. 1 Owner.

My current list of modifications are as follows:

Audio/Exterior:
    • Pioneer 940BT Double Din
    • Pioneer Type R Door Speakers
    • MAudio Interior 4 Channel Amp
    • Steering Control Adapter
    • 15% Tint all around(Except the Windshield)
    • LED interior kit

Underneath the hood:
    • Injen Cold Air Intake
    • TurboXS RFL BOV
    • Kartboy STS with all bearings(Installed by Precision Tuning)
    • Invidia Q300 CBE(Installed by Precision Tuning)
    • StopTech Stage 2 kits - Pads, Rotors and SS Lines(Installed by Precision Tuning)

I'll be ordering a new Downpipe and Cobb AP within the next month or so but I just wanted to post up here and say Hello! I'm currently in the Jersey Shore/Central Jersey area but I work in the Eatontown/Oceanport area so local New Jersey members may see me on the parkway from time to time

I'm hoping in the near future, once we have a house bought to be picking up an 11+ STi or doing a nice build on this, besides it's almost paid off anyway.

Let me know what you guys think!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Take the CAI off until you get your AP.

Sorry to hear about the losses you incurred during the hurricane. That must have been a nightmare

I think it will blow up.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome!

Take the CAI off until you get your AP.

Sorry to hear about the losses you incurred during the hurricane. That must have been a nightmare
    Thank you. Yeah it was pretty miserable for me and my wife as well as my 3 month old. FEMA wasn't very helpful either.

How come you are recommending to take of the CAI until I get the AP, I've been running it for a few months now with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    I think it will blow up.
    Me too lol

Be careful around water with that straw hanging down your side panel(CAI). Had a friend soak his STi driving through a puddle. Cost him a few grand and a couple months of time to fix it. 11BlackSTi is warning you about the potential harm you can do if you aren't running those mods with an ECU tune. Newer cars don't take bolt-ons lightly.

Nice car! Black is always best!
    Stephen
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787 <--- Good Info
    2002 Impreza WRX "BugEye"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MancinosUn4gvn View Post
    Thank you. Yeah it was pretty miserable for me and my wife as well as my 3 month old. FEMA wasn't very helpful either.

How come you are recommending to take of the CAI until I get the AP, I've been running it for a few months now with no issues.

Me too lol
    Sorry, just saw this. Correction to the MAF scale is needed for the aftermarket intakes. You might believe that everything is fine, but without a way of monitoring data you have no way of knowing this. As already mentioned, the newer gen cars do not take well to changes, like an intake, without correcting the factory tune to work with said modifications. In fact, I don't belive that COBB supports the intake you have, so you might be better off selling that intake and putting the money toward your AP (if that is the route you want to go) and flashing to stage 1 on the factory intake.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. Correction to the MAF scale is needed for the aftermarket intakes. You might believe that everything is fine, but without a way of monitoring data you have no way of knowing this. As already mentioned, the newer gen cars do not take well to changes, like an intake, without correcting the factory tune to work with said modifications. In fact, I don't belive that COBB supports the intake you have, so you might be better off selling that intake and putting the money toward your AP (if that is the route you want to go) and flashing to stage 1 on the factory intake.
    I'll be picking up a AP within the next 2-3 weeks or so along with a DP then scheduling a tune from Precision, if that changes I'll be working with Torqued Performance for a temporary flash tune.

I'm not going to lie, I was slightly disappointed when I picked this up, kept kicking myself a bit for not getting a 10+ but at the time I couldn't find one, along with the fact the wife needed a car as well. I've noticed there aren't many build parts for this year besides your bolt ons as well as other accessories. I'm hoping to have this paid off by December and then I'll debate on getting an STi Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Random2006 View Post
    Be careful around water with that straw hanging down your side panel(CAI). Had a friend soak his STi driving through a puddle. Cost him a few grand and a couple months of time to fix it. 11BlackSTi is warning you about the potential harm you can do if you aren't running those mods with an ECU tune. Newer cars don't take bolt-ons lightly.

Nice car! Black is always best!
    Thanks! Yeah I try to avoid puddles anyway, or drive thru them at grandma speeds hah. I was really looking for the Pearl White, or the Steel Grey but Black always works!

Quote Originally Posted by MancinosUn4gvn View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I try to avoid puddles anyway, or drive thru them at grandma speeds hah. I was really looking for the Pearl White, or the Steel Grey but Black always works!
    I like black but it's very hard to maintain. I think turtle wax Black is the detailer I use. Works wonders.
    Stephen
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533787 <--- Good Info
    2002 Impreza WRX "BugEye"

Bought my 2013 wrx, blue in late October. I have 3,700 miles, a COBB intake and access port, with misfires and idle issues. Faster than my bolted 2003 MSP, but the misfires or bull.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Bought my 2013 wrx, blue in late October. I have 3,700 miles, a COBB intake and access port, with misfires and idle issues. Faster than my bolted 2003 MSP, but the misfires or bull.
    You posted this in the wrong thread. And your post doesn't really make sense.

I joined today. Described my car, upgrades, issues and how it compares to my other car. That is all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    I joined today. Described my car, upgrades, issues and how it compares to my other car. That is all.
    Where to post your thread and why

> FAQ - Support Threads <

Quote Originally Posted by Random2006 View Post
    I like black but it's very hard to maintain. I think turtle wax Black is the detailer I use. Works wonders.
    Yeah, the body wasn't in the best of shape when I picked it up, a lot of scratches and dings. As of right now I'm not too concerned. I'll decide what I want to do after December if/when it's paid off and if I feel like trying to find an 11+ Hatch I might want, and if I want another car payment. I have some pretty bad scratches in the door handles and fenders, few on the doors do. I'll try the Turtle Wax at some point.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome from NJ!

Sorry to hear about your flood losses, but very excellent pick and gorgeous car. Enjoy!
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast