Time to stop lurking.. Dark Grey Metallic '13 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Time to stop lurking.. Dark Grey Metallic '13 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone, new to the WRX family, but not to Subaru. I've had three Subaru's now: 1995 Legacy, 2007 Impreza ...

Time to stop lurking.. Dark Grey Metallic '13 WRX

Hi Everyone, new to the WRX family, but not to Subaru. I've had three Subaru's now: 1995 Legacy, 2007 Impreza and now the 2013 WRX. I'd wanted a WRX since they first came to the US, but finally pulled the trigger back in March. I was dropping my sister off at Heuberger Motors to pick up her Impreza from a service appointment and coming off the truck was a Dark Grey Metallic, base model WRX, no options other than arm rest extension, wheel locks and auto-dim rearview mirror, 2 hours later it was mine.

I have been trying to resist modifying because this is my DD, and I have a 1995 Nissan 240sx that is modified and continues to be. The 240 has an S14 SR20DET swap performed in my garage, and countless supporting mods. So far I've made it almost 2000 miles in the WRX and all I've done is the Subaru rear vortex generator, Perrin radiator shroud, Perrin shorty antenna and as of yesterday Cobb AccessPort Stage 1. Future plans for the WRX include Cobb SF intake and at least an axle back exhaust.

Well enough rambling, thanks for stopping by.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome...Also, welcome to the shorty antenna club Added at least 10MPH to my top speed by reducing drag

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome, dude! I'd recommend that you change your mind about the intake. They're pretty much just noise-makers. The money can definitely be put elsewhere to good use.

You bought the fastest color.

Quote Originally Posted by radbitt View Post
    Welcome, dude! I'd recommend that you change your mind about the intake. They're pretty much just noise-makers. The money can definitely be put elsewhere to good use.
    I'm not too worried about the intake just being a noise-maker, I have no near term plans of making big power with the WRX, that's what the 240 is for!

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    You bought the fastest color.
    I thought that it felt faster than the WR Blue one!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome...Also, welcome to the shorty antenna club Added at least 10MPH to my top speed by reducing drag
    I actually didn't seek out either of the Perrin parts, I happened to stumble across their headquarters in Oregon last week while visiting a client nearby. Picked up a few random items in the bargain corner. Folks at Perrin were pretty cool, they even went to the effort of re-packaging the two radiator shrouds I picked up!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanLS14 View Post
    I actually didn't seek out either of the Perrin parts, I happened to stumble across their headquarters in Oregon last week while visiting a client nearby. Picked up a few random items in the bargain corner. Folks at Perrin were pretty cool, they even went to the effort of re-packaging the two radiator shrouds I picked up!
    I have had good experiences with them as well. I actually bought my accessport through Perrin, and it came with the Perrin maps as well as the cobb maps. I am running the Perrin stage 2 map with their intake, and when I first did the install, I was having some issues with it and they took the datalogs and did three map revisions for me. They were great to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I have had good experiences with them as well. I actually bought my accessport through Perrin, and it came with the Perrin maps as well as the cobb maps. I am running the Perrin stage 2 map with their intake, and when I first did the install, I was having some issues with it and they took the datalogs and did three map revisions for me. They were great to deal with.
    I was amazed that they had a legit showroom attached to their warehouse, corporate offices, and R&D facility. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perrin Desk.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	115544
    -Ryan

2013 DGM WRX Cobb Stage 1
    1995 Nissan 240sx SR20DET
    2005 Ford Expedition Limited (family hauler)
    Previous Cars: 2001 Pathfinder 5MT, 2007 Impreza base, 1998 Pathfinder, 1996 Pathfinder 5MT, 1995 240sx base, 2001 Suzuki SV650, 1990 VW Passat, and some others.

Welcome! Same color as mine....loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLS14 View Post
    Were the prices pretty good? I'll be in Wilsonville, OR next week and could probably make my way over to their HQ if it was worth it. Is there an actual store on site that's open to the general public?

Quote Originally Posted by 13wrxMA View Post
    Were the prices pretty good? I'll be in Wilsonville, OR next week and could probably make my way over to their HQ if it was worth it. Is there an actual store on site that's open to the general public?
    Yes, the have a little store front and showroom and its open to the public. Their office is located in Hillsboro, OR address is on the Perrin website. The prices seemed to be nearly the same as the website, I think that they would work with some if you were dropping some real coin though. The have a bargain corner, with some closeout parts there were very well priced though, I noticed a couple things had minor flaws in appearance but functionally fine. If you're going to be nearby, I'd say stop in for sure.
    -Ryan

2013 DGM WRX Cobb Stage 1
    1995 Nissan 240sx SR20DET
    2005 Ford Expedition Limited (family hauler)
    Previous Cars: 2001 Pathfinder 5MT, 2007 Impreza base, 1998 Pathfinder, 1996 Pathfinder 5MT, 1995 240sx base, 2001 Suzuki SV650, 1990 VW Passat, and some others.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.