Subaru owners are so friendly ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru owners are so friendly ! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here in West Virginia the Wave is alive and well. Part of the reason I got the danged car was ...

Here in West Virginia the Wave is alive and well. Part of the reason I got the danged car was because I knew I'd be joining an awesome community, so wherever you live, try to keep the wave alive.

Although I have noticed some folks in newer models could use some tips on Subaru culture

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I waved to a fellow WRB yesterday, he seemed surprised but returned the favour. My girl beside me was baffled that I waved to some stranger. Tried to explain it to her, but she didn't understand.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leafhead09 View Post
    I waved to a fellow WRB yesterday, he seemed surprised but returned the favour. My girl beside me was baffled that I waved to some stranger. Tried to explain it to her, but she didn't understand.
    New GF mod in the future?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by leafhead09 View Post
    As it is with ClubWRX tradition, get a new girl.

Last wave I got was from a girl in a black Hawkeye. Come to think of it. I've gotten 100% waves from girls and about 50% from guys... Not complaining =)

Girl + WRX = Win. That's my kinda math.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I get a kick out of waving to subies while I'm in my work van. I get 50% funny looks, 25% ignored, 20% wave back with one finger (i guess its a NY thing) and 5% wave back.

Yeah it's actually a nice feeling.

I was on a 2 lane street and another WRX traveling the opposite direction and the owner reached out his window just to give me a thumbs up and a waive. Its a good feeling no doubt. He must of seen the scoop from far.

Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 08-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    New GF mod in the future?

Hmm no one has waved at me yet. I think maybe WRX's are too common in Colorado for people to care.
    I might make an experiment out of this and see what happens...

Results of my little 5 day experiment: Out of the 10 WRX's I crossed paths with, only 2 waved at me.
    1 plasma blue sedan initiated and did a wave/nod (and of course I waved/nodded back in return). Another white sedan returned the wave. For some reason, a few hatchbacks acknowledged me (looked right at me) but didn't wave back. The 2 bugeyes I found ignored me. And I guess the rest didn't see me?? (Ahem... I am BRIGHT freakin' orange people!!!)

Sooo... Colorado gets a whopping 20% return rate. Get it together Colorado! Jeeeezzz....

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ I think people are just stunned when they first see yours, all 'OMG is it real?" and then ahh - too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Heck yeah I get super happy to see another wrx/sti on the road and even more so when I get to drive along with one!!!!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    20% wave back with one finger (i guess its a NY thing)

OP: Welcome by the way
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I've owned my WRX for 3 days now. I've only run across two other WRX drivers so far. One flashed his lights, the other waved. I'm guessing that Prius drivers don't experience that. They're EVERYWHERE in California. It's an epidemic. If a Prius driver waved or flashed his lights at each other passed by, they'd get Carpal Tunnel.

I live in a city that covets muscle cars... and there are a lot of them. However, I'm already seeing the camaraderie among fellow Subaru owners. Reminds me of the days when I was riding a rice rocket. Motorcycle riders wave to each other regardless of what brand they ride. Subaru drivers seem to have the same type of friendly attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Kids love my sonic, I like it because it saves me money on candy.
    LOL

I can't wait to join this community come January

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

bug eye wrx's are so rare here if we do spot each other we pull over in a parking lot and have a mini-meet! there are two new(both 12's ) in town now and both snub everyone with their dark windows.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast