New to ClubWRX, have a few questions

This is a discussion on New to ClubWRX, have a few questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I'm new to the forums and I just have a few questions. A few days ago I wrecked ...

New to ClubWRX, have a few questions

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and I just have a few questions. A few days ago I wrecked my '91 Integra. That car was my pride and joy but the insurance company won't pay to fix it. I've been looking around at some other cars and I know for a fact I want another Japanese car. I've found a few '02 WRX's in my area but most have over 200k miles. I like the WRX because it has everything that my Integra didn't have that could've prevented my accident. AWD, ABS, airbags, plus it's turbo charged which is a plus. I found a local WRX with 190k miles, one owner, no accidents or rust. My only concern is the mileage. My integra had around the same mileage and didn't have a problem, but it's a honda. Here's the link to the WRX I like:

http://showroom.auction123.com/pitch...823427.html#lg

My questions are: Would this be a good alternative to buying another Integra? Is 190K miles too high for this car? And my last question is since I'm 17 and now have an accident on my record. My Integra was about $100 a month on Geico. How high do you guys think the insurance be on an '02 WRX given my circumstances and the fact that the car is turbo charged?

Any help you guys have to offer is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Most likely you'll be paying well over $100/month on insurance, especially post-accident. Bench-quoting here, but most young guys under 25 have paid anywhere from $250-500/month on insurance, depending on driving history. I'm an old woman with a clean driving history and I finally pay under $100/month for my '02 WRX.

High-mileage turbo cars also should be looked-over by a certified mechanic. I would probably walk away from a WRX for now, and buy a newer, lower-mileage one when I could afford it. Unless you're only planning on keeping this for a couple years, then I guess why not have a beater? Just be prepared to pay for the insurance, gas guzzling, and maintenance!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    I would suggest checking out this thread:
    15 Year Old Noob
    We go over a few of your questions.

Also, as Heather mentioned. With any WRX it is best to have a full inspection, including compression and leakdown tests, done by a certified Subaru technician.

190k is pretty high mileage but depending on how the previous owner treated the car it might not be an issue.

Insurance is going to vary by state but, you can pretty much guarantee it will be much higher on a WRX than most other 4 bangers.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Whats up Mike.
    15 year old

Another thing to prevent future insurance hikes (especially if u get another performance car) is accident forgiveness if ur company has it. I pay $5 a month and I think it's well worth it.