New WRX Owner - 2013 WRX Limited Satin White
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner - 2013 WRX Limited Satin White within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it was only a matter of time before I made my way to this forum. I originally joined NASOIC ...

New WRX Owner - 2013 WRX Limited Satin White

Well it was only a matter of time before I made my way to this forum. I originally joined NASOIC but quickly realized it is filled of immature kids who do nothing but make criticizing remarks to a first time subie owner . Time to migrate over to ClubWRX!

After emailing the entire state of california, I was able to find and pickup one of the only Satin White Pearl Limited WRX Hatchbacks in California! My wife and I made the journey all the way from the bay area to irvine in southern california (~900 round trip) but is was WELL worth it . We were also able to get the car for under invoice... something the northern california dealers were not even close to matching. Anyway, I'm excited to join the subie community and start the mods!

Here are some pictures:
    Odo reading when I picked her up

Front

Rear

Taped up the front for the long drive up Hwy 5. It took 4 hours to get it done but well worth it to ensure a chipless/dentless front end

Current Stable with my wife's G35

Update:
    I recently purchased a full 3M clear bra kit for the front bumper, hood, fenders, side mirrors, headlights and rear bumper. In addition, I purchased 12ft. of Xpel armor to cut out additional pieces such as roof, door sills, door cups, etc. I don't have any previous experience in doing any type of clear armor but I was able to successfully install everything by myself (i did need some help from my wife for the bumper ). It isn't a perfect install but I don't mind a few air bubbles here and there. Just knowing I did it all by myself gives me a sense of accomplishment! It sure beats paying $1,000+ for someone else to do it

Hood Armor

Door Cup Armor

I also ordered some tail light overlays from Premiumautostyling and used the experience from installing the armor to my advantage. Vinyl is definitely a different kind of material than 3M but I quickly got used to it and was able to install everything in a few hours. The most difficult part was definitely the outer taillight portion due to the curves and contours.

Before

During

Finished product

I look forward to driving my car stock responsibly for a LONG time, most likely until my warranty ends. However, I do eventually plan on making some modifications. In general, I would like to gain some HP and additional power. Understanding I bought a WRX for a reason, I won't be trying to make it a STI Can anyone layout the most straightforward way to safely add functional power and improved handling?
    Last edited by SWP408; 08-07-2013 at 12:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Car looks good, and so does the bike!

Check out this link. Engine Modifications.

Welcome! If ever there were a Subaru that had a chance at having decent looking stock paint...it would be this one!

Check out the link in my sig for a good place to start reading about modding these cars.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome. Nice color
    Question. Is that a blue painter tape??

Thanks everyone! Also, yes it's just the standard blue painters tape. Comes right off with no residue.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum & congrats on the car. Love the SWP.

Good job on the clearbra. I paid someone to do mine. Took one look at the bumper & decided it was impossible to do a DIY.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

job well done good sir

And you got it with a full tank?! I had to gas-up before I could even consider driving home, but that was from a used car lot, not quite the same...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Great pick up I'm shocked at the all the WRX and STI shortages. Come to south TX, I looked at 4 STI's and 3 WRX's not sure if emissons the same as TX cars. Wow that I5 is brutal nice thought on the painters tape.

Welcome! When I first went to my local dealership, I had envisioned getting a SWP hatch. They didn't have any SWP WRXs, and I settled... ok, fell in love with, a LR sedan.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.