Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

15 Year Old Noob

29K views 298 replies 64 participants last post by  RockoBro 
#1 ·
Hey whats up guys. I'm 15 years old and I live in New York State (on the border of NJ - Bergen County). I'm basically wanting a WRX or an STI as my first car when I'm 17/18, or I'm also thinking about getting a 370z, 350z, Genesis Coupe, or a BRZ. I've thought about an EVO but I've read a lot about them and saw a lot of reviews and turns out it has really bad turbo lag and sucks at handling on the road. Well thats basically it about me.. and thanks for reading.

-SK

#276 ·
haha, wow, I was that same guy in high school, drove a butt ugly 1964 Dodge truck, but learned the stick, how to work on carb's, points, timing, did a clutch and brakes, great experience....then made the leap to a 69 Camero...which I could kick myself in the ass about for letting go. But who knew back in the 70's. Take away, learn, and then get something nice.

#277 ·
how to work on carb's, points, timing,
I remember how to set timing and somewhere I had a timing light -- a nice one. I don't know how to sync carbs and for the life of me can't remember how to set points, though I still have a feeler gauge somewhere. I bet there are mechanics in the field today doing great work and making great money that have not seen a carb in the wild.

#291 ·
Memories here too. On my 280Z several of the bolts holding the valve cover to the head were stripped. I ended up drilling through the head and using bolts with nuts on the bottom -- there's enough lip to do this on some of the bolts!

I found a blak "TURBO" valve cover from a 280ZX Turbo and took it for my 280Z, and I also took a VDO boost gauge from a Porsche 924 Turbo. I never got around to a turbo Z though. Moved to MR2s.

Good times. Miss them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.