15 Year Old Noob - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kritzell You might want to check out a Chevy Cavalier. I was informed by 2 males at ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    You might want to check out a Chevy Cavalier. I was informed by 2 males at a stop light that they are vastly superior to a WRX or any Jap crap.
    looooove when that happens!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kritzell View Post
    You might want to check out a Chevy Cavalier. I was informed by 2 males at a stop light that they are vastly superior to a WRX or any Jap crap.
    This happened to me by some egghead in a 2006 GTO. It was a "****ty ricer ***** car." I was thinking wow, this escalated quickly lol. Probably could have kept up with him, if not taken him, to, since he had the 5.7 and not the 6.0, but I'm still in my damn 1k break in period lol.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I'm regretful to now have to add personal experience to this topic about WRXs as first cars, but I had an unfortunate accident occur last night as a direct result of my lack of experience with a powerful car. I wasn't being a complete idiot with it, but I still couldn't handle the sudden change in grip from hitting loose rocks. I learned a lesson and am now paying big $$$ for it. Thankfully, nobody was injured.

Link to full story and pictures: Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Typical Teenage Rex Build
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I'm regretful to now have to add personal experience to this topic about WRXs as first cars, but I had an unfortunate accident occur last night as a direct result of my lack of experience with a powerful car. I wasn't being a complete idiot with it, but I still couldn't handle the sudden change in grip from hitting loose rocks. I learned a lesson and am now paying big $$$ for it. Thankfully, nobody was injured.

Link to full story and pictures: Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Typical Teenage Rex Build
    Hey man it's horrible to hear that you got into an accident, but it's still great to hear nobody got injured. Thanks for the advice, I won't forget it.
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    SK, there's a MR2 literally next door to my apartment complex for sale. Convertible, I'll take a picture for you if you're interested t contact the owner.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Those were nice. Like most earlier Hondas they suffered from what I feel was limited suspension travel and poor dampling choices, so they both wallowed and bottomed out -- combined with early Yokos that wasn't a good combo on uneven surfaces. The handling was otherwise indifferent, but hesitant enough to keep the car moving face first into whatever was unavoidable at the time (preferable to a spin). However the carbs were good, the switches all kept working, and they were before Hondas evolved the tendency to burn out dash lamps. I'd drive one.
    It was a great car for me. All of my friends were into muscle cars but I wanted to travel. It went to many states before I let it go.

It had Brigestones on it that were decent when I purchased it (in '84 with <30K on the clock). I still remember I was getting ready for a trip and my dad offered to get the new tires put on - I found a place that sold Brigestones and he came back with some crappy economy tires that completely ruined it. I did get it to do a nice 360 once driving along a NY 2-lane at night in the snow. The road was mostly cleared but I hit a big drift going 50 or 60 and panicked and lifted - had a nice view of the pasture with some cows, looked at where we had come from, then it came around still in my lane and I drove off. The passengers all slept through it I thought, but my one friend in the back seat later complimented me on the maneuver when we got to the motel hours later. I've gone on before about why FWD is actually a poor choice in the snow due to the physics of that event (manual trans. with the sudden lift slows only the front wheels making them want to get behind the car).
    Last edited by mycologist; 08-11-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    SK, there's a MR2 literally next door to my apartment complex for sale. Convertible, I'll take a picture for you if you're interested t contact the owner.
    It would be great if you could post some pictures. I would consider buying it if its not that expensive. Do you know what year model it is? Also, thanks for spotting one out for me appreciate it.
    15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    It was a great car for me. All of my friends were into muscle cars but I wanted to travel. It went to many states before I let it go.

It had Brigestones on it that were decent when I purchased it (in '84 with <30K on the clock). I still remember I was getting ready for a trip and my dad offered to get the new tires put on - I found a place that sold Brigestones and he came back with some crappy economy tires that completely ruined it. I did get it to do a nice 360 once driving along a NY 2-lane at night in the snow. The road was mostly cleared but I hit a big drift going 50 or 60 and panicked and lifted - had a nice view of the pasture with some cows, looked at where we had come from, then it came around still in my lane and I drove off. The passengers all slept through it I thought, but my one friend in the back seat later complimented me on the maneuver when we got to the motel hours later. I've gone on before about why FWD is actually a poor choice in the snow due to the physics of that event (manual trans. with the sudden lift slows only the front wheels making them want to get behind the car).

So true, FWD must be very bad in the snow haha.
    15 year old

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    So true, FWD must be very bad in the snow haha.
    FWD will give you better traction, so if you have hills or deep snow it is better for that. I was a young driver (16-17) at the time and I didn't realize that with FWD it is better to keep in the gas or push in the clutch and use only the brakes. RWD does actually drive better IMO though as long as you don't get stuck. It is much more stable and the more intuitive approach of just lifting your foot off the gas when you think you might be in trouble actually helps instead of wiping you out.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    It would be great if you could post some pictures. I would consider buying it if its not that expensive. Do you know what year model it is? Also, thanks for spotting one out for me appreciate it.
    Here are the pics. Looks in good shape. Number is in pic 1 if you wanna call.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376354898.917479.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	115622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376354908.026634.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	115623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376354922.469812.jpg 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	115624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376354960.247930.jpg 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	115625
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

30k miles isnt bad for a 13 year old car.. But the price is very bad for a car thats not even that great. I would prefer the older models.

------

But thanks a lot man. You didn't have to do this you know haha. I think I might want to buy a car somewhat around when I'm 17 years old and I can drive the car immediately instead of having it sit on my driveway for a year or so.
    15 year old

Registered User ClosetSubyLover's Avatar
    I can relate to this thread for sure. I have to say though, seeing a complete group of strangers give the advice they are giving, that goes to show what kind of a community this is...

+1 to the fellas giving the OP some advice. I know I could've used this kinda conversation when I was 15 lol.

Im 21 now and I gotta admit that Im just now mature enough car wise to own one of these things(obviously this based on personal maturity). For the first time I own something that I have to TRUELY respect. I can already see just how easy it is to get into trouble with one of these cars, its kinda crazy ha. It'll be hard holding off on one of these, I'm sure, but you'll just respect them that much more when/if you get one.

Happy hunting for that first car btw! My first car was an 86 Silverado(Two-Tone) sitting on some 33'' BFG Mud-Terrain's that had a 4 inch lift.

Thing was a chick magnet and a blast to take through some mud. It was a lot of fun in the deep snow too and the tires helped me get outta some trouble Anyway good luck to ya!

Why not get a 98-01 Subaru 2.5rs to learn on and you can do a swap on it later? It'd be a BADASS car with a wrx/STi drivetrain in it... Till then you can save up and read the forums then when the day comes you'll be an expert and have a GC replica WRX!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Why not get a 98-01 Subaru 2.5rs to learn on and you can do a swap on it later? It'd be a BADASS car with a wrx/STi drivetrain in it... Till then you can save up and read the forums then when the day comes you'll be an expert and have a GC replica WRX!!!
    I actually was considering doing that for a while. ;D You've brought my back to my past thought..
    15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You should get a R35 GTR instead.
    Lmfao

I suggest an Acura RSX Type-S/Honda Integra Type-R. 200 hp won't kill you as bad as 300hp.... I just bought one for $7500.
    Last edited by veg4; 08-12-2013 at 09:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.