15 Year Old Noob - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well shoot, carry on I guess lol Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2...

I Support ClubWRX
    Well shoot, carry on I guess lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yessir. My dad's Toyota Tundra has lasted a decade now and is running great with around 200k miles on it. Great on snow.
    15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Nobody is going back me up with the Integra suggestion?

Am I just being biased? Am I missing something?

Ill second your comment about the Integra! I had a 94 GSR and it was a great car, but I only had it for 3 months cause some nonenglish speaking refuge tboned me in it and totaled it! Still pisses me off to this day, I loved that car it was really fun to drive....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I support it; I just gave an alternative to supplement your Teggy suggestion. I myself almost got a GS-R in high school. Only reason I didn't was after further inspection, I found bad rust on the undercarriage Was a nice car otherwise.
    Last edited by Zitro; 08-06-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    The trouble with enthusiast cars is they are so often bought by enthusiast owners. That alone will doom even the best engineered cars in no time. A maker can invest millions, employ thousands of people to design a car that will work correctly for decades, only to have an aspiring "tUn3r" come along and y0! Instant money pit.

A clean Honda or Toyota or Subaru or even Mazda is a great car (I currently own one of each). I've no idea how to find one today though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well shoot, carry on I guess lol

My first car was an 81 accord honestly.

Like this one - fantastic car really. I wish they had stuck with the round headlights.

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

depending on where he lives, an integra will get stolen in approximately 3.6 hours of ownership

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Lmfao. Are Integras that great? I'd consider getting one but I really want a RWD for obvious reasons. I know I might not need an RWD, but if you can get an RWD for the same price as a FWD why not go with the RWD? ;D

Toyota Supra MK3? Great suggestion, not a bad looking car and certainly cheaper than the MK4..
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    Just my opinion but, RWD cars like the Supra are too easy to get in trouble with (burnouts, drifting, racing, etc...) I know when I was a kid learning to drive I found it hard to not "show-off" and in a RWD car it's just that much more tempting.

With FWD you'll have the want but not the means. You can still have fun and learn your limits but you aren't as likely to mess up something as badly.

In the end you're probably going to go through a few cars anyway. I had 6 cars from 16-22 lol. I just always wanted something different so I would sell mine and get something else.

EDIT: Oh and yes Integras really are that good
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 08-07-2013 at 08:52 AM.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I would have to drive it myself to believe it. ;P
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    You should drive as many cars as you can! You'll never really know if you like a car until you drive it.

Before my dad let me get my first car we test drove a couple dozen cars. All different makes, models and drivetrains. We did this when I was 15 and only had a learners permit too. He would go with me and ask to test drive the car then let me take over before we got back.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Can I just say I'm amazed this thread didn't go off the rails & the OP sounds like an awesome kid. Way to go noob.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks rage-wrx, michaelwfox, and everyone else ;D you guys are being extremely helpful in this situation and even though I may not get a WRX as a first car, I'd still like to be a part of the club and eventually become an owner someday..

Rage, what was your first car if you don't mind me asking?
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll throw my hat into the ring. Get a '95-'02 Mazda Miata. Yes you will not look cool in it. However, true car people will come up to you and go, "Nice choice." This is a great decision for a few reasons: 1) Mazda's are Japanese and will be more reliable (like the Integra [I got you Mike]) than an American or European car. 2) You'll be able to tweak on it with relatively low consequences. 3)The Miata is arguably the best drivers car that has ever been made. You will learn more about driving and car control from that car than any other you're likely to purchase now, or ever. It is the pinnacle of automotive handling at a low cost. 4) you can still have fun in that car at low speeds.

There are drawbacks to the Miata though. Obvious ones like storage space and looking like a girl. But kids usually don't realize the value of a Miata until later in life, if at all. That's my $.02 and I WISH I had one for my first car.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Can I just say I'm amazed this thread didn't go off the rails & the OP sounds like an awesome kid. Way to go noob.
    Completely agree with this! Way to be a level-headed dude. You're a welcome addition.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49