15 Year Old Noob - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv Looking back and just getting back on this forum for the first time since winter, that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Looking back and just getting back on this forum for the first time since winter, that is some GOOD advice. Wish I would have followed that. I'm 17 now and my wallet regrets me wanting such a nice car so soon. Long story. Maybe I'll tell it one of these days on my old build thread!
    Yeah, we've all been there. And the thing is.. I really wanted a car back then too! I even started to save up for one. Haha.

But there were a few guys that did okay when they got their cars. They were really big carheads that respected each other's cars and didn't act reckless. Haha

And I need to look at your thread! Your car is nice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    haha, wow, I was that same guy in high school, drove a butt ugly 1964 Dodge truck, but learned the stick, how to work on carb's, points, timing, did a clutch and brakes, great experience....then made the leap to a 69 Camero...which I could kick myself in the ass about for letting go. But who knew back in the 70's. Take away, learn, and then get something nice.
    I'd do anything to drive a car like that! My grandfather used to be really into cars like that. I always thought cars were stupid back then. But the older I got, I started to see how cool they were and how nice the older American muscle cars were!

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=SD_GR;3646545]I think everyone sees the past with rose-coloured glasses at times. It was always "the good old days" never mind that the cars would not run nearly as long, well, or quickly as today, and that they would turn like yachts and stop somewhere down the road vs. stopping RIGHT HERE!!! today, tomorrow, and into next week like modern cars.

Now I've got to say I'm still in love with LARGE land yacht style cars and station wagons. The more ungainly, underpowered, and over-adorned, the better. Love 'em.

I wonder if the OP would consider a 1976 Chrysler New Yorker.

It's hilarious to hear you mention the New Yorker my buddy's dad had 3. The first engine I ever helped rebuild. By the third build me and my buddy(Who's name was actually Buddy) did it ourselves. Oh those summer days, I still remember getting a little smart with my friends Dad asking why do I need to learn to use a timing light? They won't even be around in a few years. I wish I had paid more attention to the free learning resource. But hindsight is always 20/20
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Wow nice. Always wanted that stuff for my Zs, never got around to it. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Here's some pic's of the engine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0409.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	159409Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0408.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	159417
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That is awesome, brings back those big block memories.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Memories here too. On my 280Z several of the bolts holding the valve cover to the head were stripped. I ended up drilling through the head and using bolts with nuts on the bottom -- there's enough lip to do this on some of the bolts!

I found a blak "TURBO" valve cover from a 280ZX Turbo and took it for my 280Z, and I also took a VDO boost gauge from a Porsche 924 Turbo. I never got around to a turbo Z though. Moved to MR2s.

Good times. Miss them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.