15 Year Old Noob - Page 16
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ITS-STI I drove an RX-8 back in 2007, right before I bought my STi. It was pretty ...

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    I drove an RX-8 back in 2007, right before I bought my STi. It was pretty Meh....... The shifter just stood there vibrating in neutral.....why, why was it vibrating so bad.......
    The salesman was like, they are very reliable, they only have 3 moving parts in the engine. And I had to think to myself, yeah, and if any of them fail, no one in the universe wants to work on it. Under the hood was this gigantic plastic shield which hid everything in the engine bay practically. THey might as well have put a sign under the hood that said, just close the hood, you dont know whats in here, and you dont want to know.
    The plastic shield that says Renesis lol.
    15 year old

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    Yessir. And what is up with the Jeremy Clarkson nonesense lol.
    You must be new here.

Just kidding. He's a presenter on the greatest motoring show of all time, Top Gear UK. His quotes are legendary and he is one of the most fantastic people alive.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I'm not trying to be a jerk here (I was trying not to chime in), but I strongly suggest you get a car that you can learn how to drive in. By this I mean a car that gives feedback, that pushes through turns your are going too hot in, and slips around a bit in the winter. These are indicators that let you learn the limits of the car, and over time teaches you your limits as a driver.

I grew up in a small town outside of syracuse, and I 'learned' how to drive in 'lot' cars, in corn fields, on the dirt race tracks, and driving tractors. I mean, I had been racing go-carts, snowmobiles and motorcycles and driving (big) farm vehicles since I was 6, so I 'knew' how to drive, right? Or should I say, I thought I knew how to drive, but I really didn't. I didn't really LEARN how to drive (on real roads with lots of stupid people) until I had to take my (self-re-built) 1980 ford pickup around some icy turns trying to make it to school on time. The previous experience might have saved an accident, but it didn't teach me to drive - two very different things.

Anyway, a little food for thought in your decision:
    1. I bet the WRX insurance in NY is quite $$$, and when I first got my license at 16 (even taking drivers ed and all that), my largest living cost was my car insurance.
    2. I enjoy driving my wife's 2010 mazda 3 2.5L as much as my stage 3 wrx the vast majority of the time. I mean, there isn't anything quite like getting smashed back into your seat by the turbo, but for some reason, the mazda 3 handles really well, and the 2.5L isn't the worst engine in the world - you can spin the tires in 1 and 2 gear if you want to (with a little work I admit). The car is very rewarding to drive. I might fall under the old saying of "I'd rather drive a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow", and the same thing goes for cars. You can get a 2.5L mazda 3 for under $10K if you look hard enough, and with a few dollars you can get a car that won't be cheap to insure, but will be great fun to drive. I know their design has a goofy smile - but chicks dig that smile (and let's be honest, at 15 years old, chicks matter). I would expect a good civic (maybe an SI...) would give you the same feeling (?), but Hondas and I don't get along for some reason.
    3. As a father, I won't let my kids get a WRX, or any sports-type car if they are living at home. In our litigation-heavy world, if you cause an accident (or are even involved in one in some states, and are held partially at fault) you can bet good money your parents will be involved in the (potentially ridiculous) law-suit, and the car you drive CAN further legal issues. It sounds crazy, I know, but it happens (I've seen it with a friend).

That being said, if you are responsible, and your parents are on board, go nuts. We're just internet people giving our opinions.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 09-05-2013 at 05:30 AM.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I appreciate all the comments. I'm taking all of it into thought..

How is the Infinity G35 coupe (3rd gen)?
    Any frequent maintenance to do?
    MPG good for a heavy car?
    Insurance!?
    15 year old

I was thinking about the 2005 or 2006 model..
    15 year old

You're not going to get a lot of feedback (if any) about the Infinity... especially with your thread title.

I appreciate all the comments. I'm taking all of it into thought..

How is the Infinity G35 coupe (3rd gen)?
    Any frequent maintenance to do?
    MPG good for a heavy car?
    Insurance!?
    3rd Gen?

Regardless...I had a 2003 350z...6spd manual, the same VQ35 engine (some you find might have the High Rev version, which puts out a little more power)...and it was a fun car. Still a LOT of car for a young inexperienced driver. Quick blip of the throttle, and you can spin out at anny time. Insurance will be comparable to the WRX...possibly higher due to it being a RWD sports car. MPGs weren't terrible...probably about 25mpgs average, which is a bit better than most WRXs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Turns out I can drive fully next year! 2015
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    Turns out I can drive fully next year! 2015
    This year is 2013. Next year is 2014. Unless you are Marty McFly.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

All these electrons killed in vain....

You do realize the year is almost over..
    15 year old

^ Optimist...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    Genius!
    15 year old