15 Year Old Noob - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 274

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've already overstayed when I said I was out. I'm off to read Boethius like Reilly would advise. Good night ...

  1. #211
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,317
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've already overstayed when I said I was out. I'm off to read Boethius like Reilly would advise. Good night guys.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #212
    The Member michaelwfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    3,459
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeiai View Post
    Seems to be a great deal of misconception floating around here about the Renesis engine... How many of you have owned an RX-8?
    Oh hello RX-8 forum member, welcome to ClubWRX :-)

    I myself have not owned an RX-8 but, I have driven one and it was terrible. The car weighs, as near as makes no difference, the same as a WRX. It weighs that much with considerably less power and no AWD. It doesn't make usable power until the top end of its RPMs and that makes little sense for real world driving. All of that added up to a piss poor driving experience for me.

    Sorry if we offended you with our opinions of the car but, that's all they are. That being said I read SKs thread over on your forum and it seems we agree it's not a good first car. You all seemed very welcoming and I personally appreciate that as we have been helping SK out for awhile now. I hope you enjoy your stay here as well.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

    My "Build" Thread!

    2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

  4. #213
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,741
    Even on the Mazda forum they don't exactly say the cars are reliable. That is worrying. Plus who wants to check their oil every half tank of fuel. The only guy who had a good point for the Rx8 was the guy who said it will help get you laid. The Subaru will get you bros a coupe will get you ho's.

    Now if you don't have a problem getting ho's you don't need a really poor mans Corvette. The Subaru will fit more Ho's if you can get them in it. If you really want to get ho's get a used BMW it can be the slowest one just as long as it looks good.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  5. #214
    Registered User StreetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Even on the Mazda forum they don't exactly say the cars are reliable. That is worrying. Plus who wants to check their oil every half tank of fuel. The only guy who had a good point for the Rx8 was the guy who said it will help get you laid. The Subaru will get you bros a coupe will get you ho's.

    Now if you don't have a problem getting ho's you don't need a really poor mans Corvette. The Subaru will fit more Ho's if you can get them in it. If you really want to get ho's get a used BMW it can be the slowest one just as long as it looks good.
    Normally I would go Bros>Hoes but I think I like hoes and the bros wont mind.
    15 year old

  6. #215
    Registered User StreetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Even on the Mazda forum they don't exactly say the cars are reliable. That is worrying. Plus who wants to check their oil every half tank of fuel. The only guy who had a good point for the Rx8 was the guy who said it will help get you laid. The Subaru will get you bros a coupe will get you ho's.

    Now if you don't have a problem getting ho's you don't need a really poor mans Corvette. The Subaru will fit more Ho's if you can get them in it. If you really want to get ho's get a used BMW it can be the slowest one just as long as it looks good.
    Thats true. I am rethinking it now..
    15 year old

  7. #216
    Registered User StreetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Oh hello RX-8 forum member, welcome to ClubWRX :-)

    I myself have not owned an RX-8 but, I have driven one and it was terrible. The car weighs, as near as makes no difference, the same as a WRX. It weighs that much with considerably less power and no AWD. It doesn't make usable power until the top end of its RPMs and that makes little sense for real world driving. All of that added up to a piss poor driving experience for me.

    Sorry if we offended you with our opinions of the car but, that's all they are. That being said I read SKs thread over on your forum and it seems we agree it's not a good first car. You all seemed very welcoming and I personally appreciate that as we have been helping SK out for awhile now. I hope you enjoy your stay here as well.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    +1 bro your awesome.
    15 year old

  8. #217
    Registered User StreetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeiai View Post
    Seems to be a great deal of misconception floating around here about the Renesis engine... How many of you have owned an RX-8?
    Lol hello RX8 forum member.
    15 year old

  9. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Oh hello RX-8 forum member, welcome to ClubWRX :-)

    I myself have not owned an RX-8 but, I have driven one and it was terrible. The car weighs, as near as makes no difference, the same as a WRX. It weighs that much with considerably less power and no AWD. It doesn't make usable power until the top end of its RPMs and that makes little sense for real world driving. All of that added up to a piss poor driving experience for me.

    Sorry if we offended you with our opinions of the car but, that's all they are. That being said I read SKs thread over on your forum and it seems we agree it's not a good first car. You all seemed very welcoming and I personally appreciate that as we have been helping SK out for awhile now. I hope you enjoy your stay here as well.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I respect your opinion. Luckily there are different cars for people with different tastes. My experience of driving an STI was similar to yours with an RX-8, so as the RX-8 is not for you the WRX is not for me. Obviously I am biased to the 8 as your are biased to the WRX, after all I bought one. It is difficult for me to understand someone not liking the 8 as I so thoroughly enjoy mine both on the road and on the track, having said that I do understand someone not liking it. I understand the appeal of the STI, even though I don't care for it, and as such I would not bad mouth it as I am sure many of you are as attached to them as we are to the 8.

    I think most of us agree (on both forums) that the RX-8 is not the best choice for a beginners/first car. It requires more investment and attention than most of the 15 year old's I have known are capable of supplying.
    To the OP, you will be fine with whatever you choose as long as you do your research.

    Happy Labor day all.
    Last edited by bladeiai; 09-02-2013 at 07:11 AM.

  10. #219
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,806
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeiai View Post
    I respect your opinion. Luckily there are different cars for people with different tastes. My experience of driving an STI was similar to yours with an RX-8, so as the RX-8 is not for you the WRX is not for me. Obviously I am biased to the 8 as your are biased to the WRX, after all I bought one. It is difficult for me to understand someone not liking the 8 as I so thoroughly enjoy mine both on the road and on the track, having said that I do understand someone not liking it. I understand the appeal of the STI, even though I don't care for it, and as such I would not bad mouth it as I am sure many of you are as attached to them as we are to the 8.

    I think most of us agree (on both forums) that the RX-8 is not the best choice for a beginners/first car. It requires more investment and attention than most of the 15 year old's I have known are capable of supplying.
    To the OP, you will be fine with whatever you choose as long as you do your research.

    Happy Labor day all.

    Welcome to Club
    Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


  11. #220
    \_(ツ)_/ Rambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    4,833
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeiai View Post
    I think most of us agree (on both forums) that the RX-8 is not the best choice for a beginners/first car. It requires more investment and attention than most of the 15 year old's I have known are capable of supplying.
    I heartily agree. Cheers to you, sir.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

    He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

  12. #221
    Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    359
    I will chime in with my opinion on the RX-8.

    By no means am I an expert on these cars. But, the fact that there is so much controversy surrounding their engine design in the first place would make me want to stay away. If you want to drift a RWD car, there are far better options than an RX-8. And if it's not a drift car, what's it good for? It isn't that fast, it won't have as much grip in corners, it is very uneconomical, maintenance doesn't sound great, and, at least in the opinion of myself and Jeremy Clarkson, it isn't even very good looking.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

    Bugeye Mafia Member #419

  13. #222
    Registered User StreetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    I will chime in with my opinion on the RX-8.

    By no means am I an expert on these cars. But, the fact that there is so much controversy surrounding their engine design in the first place would make me want to stay away. If you want to drift a RWD car, there are far better options than an RX-8. And if it's not a drift car, what's it good for? It isn't that fast, it won't have as much grip in corners, it is very uneconomical, maintenance doesn't sound great, and, at least in the opinion of myself and Jeremy Clarkson, it isn't even very good looking.
    You are right about all those things besides the last statement where you said it wasn't very good looking..

    The RX-8 is the sexiest mother ******. It beats all WRXs, BRZs, and inexpensive performance cars.
    15 year old

  14. #223
    Registered User Zitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    least in the opinion of myself and Jeremy Clarkson, it isn't even very good looking.
    It's a very polarizing body style, but I'm siding with the RX-8 fans on the looks. It's a good looking car no doubt. In fact, I love the exterior, and felt VERY much at home in the interior. The suspension is golden. If it were traditional I/C engine, instead of Wankel, I honestly may have gone that route over the WRX. But the engine presents too many issues.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

    2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

    "I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

  15. #224
    Registered User ITS-STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    55
    I drove an RX-8 back in 2007, right before I bought my STi. It was pretty Meh....... The shifter just stood there vibrating in neutral.....why, why was it vibrating so bad.......
    The salesman was like, they are very reliable, they only have 3 moving parts in the engine. And I had to think to myself, yeah, and if any of them fail, no one in the universe wants to work on it. Under the hood was this gigantic plastic shield which hid everything in the engine bay practically. THey might as well have put a sign under the hood that said, just close the hood, you dont know whats in here, and you dont want to know.

  16. #225
    Registered User StreetKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    It's a very polarizing body style, but I'm siding with the RX-8 fans on the looks. It's a good looking car no doubt. In fact, I love the exterior, and felt VERY much at home in the interior. The suspension is golden. If it were traditional I/C engine, instead of Wankel, I honestly may have gone that route over the WRX. But the engine presents too many issues.
    Yessir. And what is up with the Jeremy Clarkson nonesense lol.
    15 year old

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •