15 Year Old Noob - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR I'm out. Good luck. What have I done? I've lost a commenter....

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I'm out. Good luck.
    What have I done? I've lost a commenter.
    15 year old

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Plz don't do this to yourself. The RX-8 is a money-pit. I considered one long and hard (heh), too. Too many issues, maintenance is a paint, and it's just a bad first car. ESPECIALLY a 2004. The 04-06 had a ton of engine consumption issues, and many engines went boom. They fixed most issues from 2007 upwards, but it's still a high-main engine, and definitely not what I would want in a first car.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    What have I done? I've lost a commenter.
    It's not you. It's the Wankel. The Wankel is like garlic to my vampire. It is an anathema. I will now go meditate to regain control of my emotions. Live long and prosper.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It's not you. It's the Wankel. The Wankel is like garlic to my vampire. It is an anathema. I will now go meditate to regain control of my emotions. Live long and prosper.
    I guess you really don't like Mazdas then.
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    The RX-8 is a terrible car. It's relatively heavy and the rotary engine doesn't have enough umph to make it even remotely fun to drive.

If you like the RX8 by all means get it, just know there are better choices out there.

If you want a Mazda get a Miata. You will have a lot more fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Why would you think that? I've owned one since 1999.

It's the Wankel that is a scourge. Mazda are victims. NSU were victims before them, VAG are also victims, and the curse persists. You too will soon suffer like so many Wankel owners before you.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Why would you think that? I've owned one since 1999.

It's the Wankel that is a scourge. Mazda are victims. NSU were victims before them, VAG are also victims, and the curse persists. You too will soon suffer like so many Wankel owners before you.
    Wankel = RX8? Some ****ty keyterms lol.
    15 year old

How is the RX7 then?
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    Wankel = RX8? Some ****ty keyterms lol.
    Felix Wankel designed the motor bearing his name.

People say it is a "rotary." Those people are wrong.

People are fond of it. Those people are also wrong.

I Support ClubWRX
    How is the RX7 then?
    The wankel does refer to the rx-8. Also refers to the rx-7. It's a rotary engine and is not good for a few reasons. The two most common being not reliable and not economical. Since the rotary engine is not common and many parts for it are expensive due to its rarity, it's considered not a great engine to maintain as a DD. Also, the amount of power it produces at the top of the rev range (5000+ RPMs) is where you get most of the power from. This is turn makes it not very economical, despite its very low displacement. To have fun with it, you need to rev the living hell out of it and that could lead to breakdown. You know my opinion on the Miata, but I agree with fox. Get it if you want, but there are better options.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Guys check what I did lol: 15 Year Old Noob - RX8Club.com
    15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    The wankel does refer to the rx-8. Also refers to the rx-7. It's a rotary engine and is not good for a few reasons. The two most common being not reliable and not economical. Since the rotary engine is not common and many parts for it are expensive due to its rarity, it's considered not a great engine to maintain as a DD. Also, the amount of power it produces at the top of the rev range (5000+ RPMs) is where you get most of the power from. This is turn makes it not very economical, despite its very low displacement. To have fun with it, you need to rev the living hell out of it and that could lead to breakdown. You know my opinion on the Miata, but I agree with fox. Get it if you want, but there are better options.
    +1 bro.
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    Felix Wankel designed the motor bearing his name.

People say it is a "rotary." Those people are wrong.

People are fond of it. Those people are also wrong.
    Time for me to learn, perhaps. I was always told, taught, and have read that the Mazdas were rotary engines. Why is that wrong?
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    A rotary engine is a piston engine with radially arranged cylinders. It differs from a radial in a number of ways, the most interesting to me being that the engine itself rotates about the crankshaft.

A Wankel has been called a rotary by countless many for decades, because it has rotors. They are all wrong. I alone am right. So there.

Note that I oppose Wankels on moral, ideological, aesthetic, metaphysical, spiritual, and philosophical grounds. They are lacking in what Ignatius J. Reilly calls "taste and decency."

Seems to be a great deal of misconception floating around here about the Renesis engine... How many of you have owned an RX-8?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.