15 Year Old Noob - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The youngest 2G DSM is now almost as old as the OP....

I Support ClubWRX
    The youngest 2G DSM is now almost as old as the OP.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The youngest 2G DSM is now almost as old as the OP.
    2G DSM? What do you mean.
    15 year old

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Diamond-Star Motors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's talking about the early mitsubishi eclipse, eagle talon cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes correct. They combined the worst of Mitsubishi with the worst of Chrysler. They were celebrated for the concept and design but I've yet to meet an owner that realistically compares their reliability to a Honda, Toyota, or Subaru. The fastest DSM was slower than the slowest US model WRX, if and when it ran. I sometimes think I should have kept mine nonetheless. Still, it was stupid of me to buy it.

I can't imagine they've aged all that well. They may be nearing extinction in the wild.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    Thanks guys I really appreciate what you guys have told me and I am looking for a car I myself would like to drive as well as not being too fast for it to be almost fatal like Subaru-Mopar-Luv said. I would honestly like to hear more stories about everyone's first cars and how much fun driving can be!
    1986 Volvo 240DL. It had 114 horsepower, as I recall. Still managed to wreck it my senior year of high school. And I'm a person whose subsequent driving record includes no other accidents that I was at fault for (have to clarify, I've been in some where others were driving or I was hit by someone blatantly breaking the law) and 1 solitary ticket, and I've been driving as long as you've been alive <- feelin old

That said, I had lots of fun in that car. It may not have been fast or good looking, but that didn't really matter. I broke my eyeteeth on a rwd car that I barely had to take care of to keep on the road, was nice and safe for when I inevitably crashed it, and was cheap so it wasn't a big deal when I did.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    My "first" car was a 2000 Plymouth Voyager. It was technically my parent's spare car, but I had mostly free use of it. I knew there would be hell to pay if I wrecked it, so I usually drove it safely and responsibily, although the power was so low and handling so bad you really didn't have a choice in the matter. I did manage to four wheel drift it through an intersection once, though (not entirely intentional, but I held it beautifully).

It had a dope cassette player, yo.

The first car that was truly mine in the sense that I paid for it was my bugeye.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Think how I feel driving 38 years now ....
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    My "first" car was a 2000 Plymouth Voyager.
    Those have really cool inverted wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    Damn so what car should I drive? Besides an ugly Civic.
    They aren't so bad!! When I was 16, I took over the payments of my 5yr older brothers car, and he bought a new one. Except for a few brief periods of time here and there (Like when I sold my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited), I've had a car payment. Picking up, and getting used to a car payment at 16... I really wish I took the 1989 Plymouth Horizon that I could have driven for free! (ironic that I didn't like the Horizon because it was a 4 door hatchback, and here I am with a WRX fetish)...

Anyway, hold off on toys, drive a beater for a while bro!
    Last edited by Civic15; 08-29-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Buy a Volvo 240 and call it a day. Safe tanks, euro look, put some piaa lights on the front bumper, and you basically have the wrx... basically..

Okay so I think I found the perfect affordable car!

Although the MPG and maintenance may not be the best.. I have chosen a 2004 Mazda RX8.

What are common problems with the mazda rx8? - Yahoo! Answers - I have read about a lot of problems but does the top answer in the yahoo answers question solve all of the rotary engine problems/solutions and ways to take care of the engine properly?

It mentioned that the car should be redlined every couple of days, be braked really hard daily to avoid brake-squeal, to not stop the engine when it is still cold to avoid flooding, and to change the oil every 3k miles..

What do you guys think?
    15 year old

Btw I will be paying for the car and it will be signed under my mom's name so the insurance will be cheaper and the car only has 215 hp (less than most economy cars) and is not even turbocharged. It's one of the sexiest cars I've seen so far btw.. I like it more than the 2012 Gen coupe.
    15 year old

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If you can afford it and if it's what you want to spend your money on lol. Just think about it really hard.

I've actually heard a lot of bad things about the rotaries too. I have no idea how reliable a new(ish) 2004 mazda rotary is. But I hope you like oil leaks.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm out. Good luck.

Buy a 2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition sedan... I know someone who is selling one...