15 Year Old Noob - Page 11
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 Year Old Noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm in a Z car club and see a lot of 300zx's and 350z's. I would stay away from both ...

I'm in a Z car club and see a lot of 300zx's and 350z's. I would stay away from both as a first vehicle. The 300zx can be a money pit if your not careful. The 350z you can wrap yourself around a tree pretty quick. Agree with Brazilnut, work your way up the ladder, save, learn, have fun.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    I'm in a Z car club and see a lot of 300zx's and 350z's. I would stay away from both as a first vehicle. The 300zx can be a money pit if your not careful. The 350z you can wrap yourself around a tree pretty quick. Agree with Brazilnut, work your way up the ladder, save, learn, have fun.
    What do you think about 240sx's? Kk I'll follow your advice and won't consider the 300xz or a 350z.
    15 year old

First, let me say you made a wise choice coming to this site. Lot's of great folks here. There are valid reasons I advise against a 300zx, or 350z. I've been around a Z shop for 5 years now. I can PM you on some background with out boring anyone, suffice to say lots of accidents for teens in the 300zx. Plus the last 300ZX was last made in 96 (for US) so have some pockets. I know a very reputable Datsun/Nissan mechanic so I'll have to dig on the 240sx, as we have none in the club. But I'll give you his feedback.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    I myself am actually worried the people who sell the 240sx, RS 3.5, 300zx and the other older cars on my list alter the milage with a power drill or something and change it to 40k less than the actual milage or something. Do you think dealerships will do that? To their old/used vehicles. And what is up with the 'Subaru Wave' lol Subaru owners are funny. What model is the Volvo and how much do you want for it? ;P
    Nah, I doubt they do that nowadays. I think its harder to do now. The Subaru wave is just part of the culture. WRX's/STI's (depending on where you live) are a less common car. My Volvo is a gray 1999 S70 base model. 107k miles. Aftermarket wheels. Also includes a Thule roof rack & fairing (worth $400 alone). If I can get $2200 for the car I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    I think you are eye catching.
    Aww, thanks!

I will throw my iron in the fire too.

I'll preface this story with I am very thankful all my parents have given me in terms of cars and also everything else they have given me. Some people think I am spoiled which I am not going to deny but I do work hard in my family's business every summer and I don't get into any trouble. Also I feel I have awesome parents.

When I was your age (5 years ago) i wanted a wrx I my dad onboard till he found out it was turboed. Anyway we went to the local subaru dealer and the salesman after finding out the car was going to be for me blatantly said to my dad don't buy him a wrx. At that moment I knew all hopes of a wrx were crushed. I liked impreza outback sport too and that's what I ended up getting. It was a great car once I got accepted to college the desire to have wrx growing by the day. My dad came to me and said that if I did well in my first year of college in engineering he would consider getting me a wrx I was so excited. During my first year of college whenever I didn't want to study for an exam I would think about the possibility of having a wrx it drove me to do well in school. Well to make a long story a little shorter I got my 2013 STi last fall and have been loving it since.

I definitely agree that anyone's first car should be a non-performance car,it can still be nice.

Best of luck to you in your search
    Jace

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Nah, I doubt they do that nowadays. I think its harder to do now. The Subaru wave is just part of the culture. WRX's/STI's (depending on where you live) are a less common car. My Volvo is a gray 1999 S70 base model. 107k miles. Aftermarket wheels. Also includes a Thule roof rack & fairing (worth $400 alone). If I can get $2200 for the car I'll be happy.
    I'll think about it

Aww, thanks!
    Do you perhaps do any modeling as your side job? Cause if you don't, then I think you should get started!
    15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by jrb5783 View Post
    I will throw my iron in the fire too.

I'll preface this story with I am very thankful all my parents have given me in terms of cars and also everything else they have given me. Some people think I am spoiled which I am not going to deny but I do work hard in my family's business every summer and I don't get into any trouble. Also I feel I have awesome parents.

When I was your age (5 years ago) i wanted a wrx I my dad onboard till he found out it was turboed. Anyway we went to the local subaru dealer and the salesman after finding out the car was going to be for me blatantly said to my dad don't buy him a wrx. At that moment I knew all hopes of a wrx were crushed. I liked impreza outback sport too and that's what I ended up getting. It was a great car once I got accepted to college the desire to have wrx growing by the day. My dad came to me and said that if I did well in my first year of college in engineering he would consider getting me a wrx I was so excited. During my first year of college whenever I didn't want to study for an exam I would think about the possibility of having a wrx it drove me to do well in school. Well to make a long story a little shorter I got my 2013 STi last fall and have been loving it since.

I definitely agree that anyone's first car should be a non-performance car,it can still be nice.

Best of luck to you in your search
    Jace
    Yeah well I know I'm not getting a WRX or an STI as a first, but thanks anyway. Cool story; have you done any modifications to it so far?
    15 year old

Looks like this has been a topic before

wrx v.s. wrx
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Looks like this has been a topic before

wrx v.s. wrx
    'This' has never been a topic before.
    15 year old

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    No, it never has. SK just asked brazilnut if she models...and im kinda wondering the same thing now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    No, it never has. SK just asked brazilnut if she models...and im kinda wondering the same thing now.
    She told us in her first post that she does fitness competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    She told us in her first post that she does fitness competitions.

knew it.
    15 year old

So since the Miata was brought up as a choice I just have to mention that I was driving through my neighborhood, and there was an open garage with a Blue Miata and a Red Miata, and on the wall was a sign that said, "DANGER, MEN PLAYING."
    Take this as you will.....

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    So since the Miata was brought up as a choice I just have to mention that I was driving through my neighborhood, and there was an open garage with a Blue Miata and a Red Miata, and on the wall was a sign that said, "DANGER, MEN PLAYING."
    So the Miata is considered as a mens car? Performance?
    15 year old

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    I think the BRZ beats the Miata is all aspects.
    15 year old