First Subaru

This is a discussion on First Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! So I am buying a '02 wrx with 146k miles. Fortunately the previous owner never pushed it from ...

First Subaru

Hey everyone!

So I am buying a '02 wrx with 146k miles. Fortunately the previous owner never pushed it from what we can tell. Everything is mechanically great, and everything that needed to be serviced has been. Anyway, this is a huge upgrade from my rubber melting 1990 Geo Prism. I know a stock 02 wrx doesn't have mind blowing horsepower, however compared to the 70hp my Geo puts out, it will be a huge leap. The mental, and emotional battle I'm facing, is that with the Geo I could, and did, use all the power all of the time. It was floored pretty much every time I would accelerate anywhere (its a junker that I intended to kill) Amazingly it still works fine mechanically under the hood. Now with the wrx, especially one that isn't new, I know I cant floor it all the time, I will indeed kill it sooner or later. What % of power do you usually put down when driving through town? And more importantly how often do you 'give it the goods'?

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forums and you would have to ask people their opinions. Someone like me, I boost like almost every day.

I Support ClubWRX
    As little power as necessary, and more only as infrequently as possible. I'm not in a hurry. Usually I'd rather stay home and not go at all.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

I drive like a grandma. My car rarely sees boost.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    My car typically sees boost 9 out of every 10 times I accelerate. If I wanted to drive slow I wouldn't have bought my car and upgraded it to stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    As little power as necessary, and more only as infrequently as possible. I'm not in a hurry. Usually I'd rather stay home and not go at all.
    Hahaa man I swear I'm like that sometimes. Zero F's Given

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    My car typically sees boost 9 out of every 10 times I accelerate. If I wanted to drive slow I wouldn't have bought my car and upgraded it to stage 2.
    I agree 100%

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwalker17 View Post
    What % of power do you usually put down when driving through town?
    Just enough to respect the speed limit and not harm anyone. (so, 10%? lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwalker17 View Post
    And more importantly how often do you 'give it the goods'?
    The question is, how do you keep yourself from flooring it? ha ha good luck with that!

Oh, and, welcome to clubdub!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!