4500 RPMs, Check Engine Lite Hell,

This is a discussion on 4500 RPMs, Check Engine Lite Hell, within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey and thanks to all in advance, found this site in desperation and glad I did. I'm the proud owner, ...

4500 RPMs, Check Engine Lite Hell,

Hey and thanks to all in advance, found this site in desperation and glad I did. I'm the proud owner, oops, original owner of my 2002, wagon (WRX) goes without mention, only 71,482 miles and garage kept and pampered regularly. She is the first "New" car I ever purchased and the love affair with this car is as fresh as if I just walked out the of show room. Yes, girls feel this way about their cars too! My trouble started early 2012, check engine light came on, I stopped the car and had her lifted to my dealer, 3 hours later-come get her. Dealer: "Cars just running a little (LEAN)"- Me:"Thanks for noticing, I did lose 30 lbs or so ?!?",no just kidding. They tried to put it on water in the tank and/or cheap gas. No way, I keep every receipt in the ashtray (mileage check every tank). I feel it's a good way to keep tabs on the general health of your motor (as high as 29 mpgs hwy in the late spring), when I behave with my foot. Two more times and now they, the dealer, are telling me, get this, I'm baby-ing - driving my car to gentle. I came unglued in front of two men and the G.M. (a woMan) I new personally, due to the buying experience, when a salesman told me,"When you're ready, bring your husband in and we will talk numbers!"!. I bought my car elsewhere and came back to the place and met with the Mgr. and salesman, he's not there anymore. So now the shop is telling me I drive like an old lady! Now I'm spittin' nails mad. All the testing over the course of 2012 and about $2300 still it comes on. I went somewhere noted for performance work in my area and they love me and my car. The owner is a Rally instructor and the Only thing he Hasn't done is a Subaru Rally, why? No car, so he wants to use my car. The hold up, I need it for use 'til Nov, then.....my Cinderella gets all the upgrades she wants but 'til then she's totally stock and I need to keep her running. Here's what happens........ normal driving no problem..............the moment I need to push it (generally from stop/or slow 1st) things are fine until I hit 4500 RPMs, the it's like she kicks back and the check engine light comes on and stays on. She always reads the same Lean, nothing more. The guy could not believe (at the pro shop) that his guys didn't fix the problem. We've tested gas, tuned up, found and fixed leaks, but still let me push 2nd gear to 4500,she'll kick and check engine light. Please, anyone, help, I hate to see her this way! THANKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What is the CEL code number?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.