Don't want to be here!

This is a discussion on Don't want to be here! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Argh! Here's the deal... After years of working from home I now have to do a 250 mile weekly commute ...

Don't want to be here!

Argh! Here's the deal...

After years of working from home I now have to do a 250 mile weekly commute which includes a goddamn mountain pass. For reasons I won't bore you with, I can't move to the target of my commute so it's something I'm stuck with until I grow a pair and tell my employer to "eff off".

My current rides aren't up to the task (Convertible Benz, 750 hp Mustang) so I have to get something that will handle snow and keep me entertained to boot. As a car nerd, I immediately realized a WRX was probably my go-to. I keep reading about how the '14 WRX is going to be so much different which makes me think that's the one I need. I think I like the '13 but I don't want to get one of those if the new-gen is going to be that much better. Then I made the mistake of Googling and saw the concept - DAMN, but that's hot looking ride. Finally, some lot-lizard called me today saying they just opened ordering for '14s but that they just got a '13 and "Why order since there aren't any differences?". Near as I can tell, the 14's are going to be way different. I don't see anything on the Subie web site that says the '14 differs so I'm confused.

Do I buy the '13 on the lot or order a '14 because of updates?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

from what i've heard and what rumors are floating around- the '13 & '14 are going to be identical

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

It's too late in the year to release a new body style. 2014 models will be the same as 2013s.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    Argh! Here's the deal...

After years of working from home I now have to do a 250 mile weekly commute which includes a goddamn mountain pass. For reasons I won't bore you with, I can't move to the target of my commute so it's something I'm stuck with until I grow a pair and tell my employer to "eff off".

My current rides aren't up to the task (Convertible Benz, 750 hp Mustang) so I have to get something that will handle snow and keep me entertained to boot. As a car nerd, I immediately realized a WRX was probably my go-to. I keep reading about how the '14 WRX is going to be so much different which makes me think that's the one I need. I think I like the '13 but I don't want to get one of those if the new-gen is going to be that much better. Then I made the mistake of Googling and saw the concept - DAMN, but that's hot looking ride. Finally, some lot-lizard called me today saying they just opened ordering for '14s but that they just got a '13 and "Why order since there aren't any differences?". Near as I can tell, the 14's are going to be way different. I don't see anything on the Subie web site that says the '14 differs so I'm confused.

Do I buy the '13 on the lot or order a '14 because of updates?
    According to Subaru, the 2014MY WRX will be identical to the 2013MY WRX. Changes are expected for the 2015MY WRX. It's a question of whether you want one now or later...

As far as the WRX concept car goes, I'd get over that notion quickly. It's not going to look anything close to that. If you see the shots of the STI being tested in Nurbergring, you'll have a better feel of what body style 2015 might bring. Also, it's rumored that the engine will go down from the 2.5L turbo to a 2.0L turbo...whether or not the turbo is electric or not is still debatable.

Too bad about the concept - that's really a neat looking deal.

I suppose I should just grab the one the dealer just got - it's the right color though I'm not crazy about 4K for the "Premium" which seems to be leather seats and not much else.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you can rough it and wait one winter you could always go for a 2015. Nobody knows what that'll be like though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

if i had a long daily commute i would want something more fuel efficient than a current gen wrx. could be worth the wait for the next gen. maybe the 2015 will have highway mileage in the 30's like the BR-Z? only time will tell....

id personally go for something cheap like a sentra or sonic for a DD since you already have a fast car(750hp mustang). both which get 40mpgs highway
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes the 2014 is the same as the 2013. If you can wait(at least 3 months) order one to the specs you like. Otherwise buy one off the lot. Wish I drove a mountain pass on my way to work. You will not be disappointed by the handling of the WRX. More so with some suspension upgrades.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by dammit View Post
    Too bad about the concept - that's really a neat looking deal.

I suppose I should just grab the one the dealer just got - it's the right color though I'm not crazy about 4K for the "Premium" which seems to be leather seats and not much else.
    Base: Cloth seats
    Premium: Moonroof, heated side mirrors, heated front seats, Cloth seats, fog lights, Nav optional,
    Limited: Leather seats, HID headlights

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Yes the 2014 is the same as the 2013. If you can wait(at least 3 months) order one to the specs you like. Otherwise buy one off the lot. Wish I drove a mountain pass on my way to work. You will not be disappointed by the handling of the WRX. More so with some suspension upgrades.
    +2 for upgrades. sounds like he is already in the 20%club with that monster pony car!

whish I had some twisties, let alone Mountain Twisties! I have two corners and a 0-55 pull the three miles I drive to work. woo-hoo lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html