New to the WRX scene!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the WRX scene! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody! My name is Daniel and I live in the awesome desert they call AZ. I just recently picked ...

New to the WRX scene!

Hey everybody! My name is Daniel and I live in the awesome desert they call AZ. I just recently picked up my 2013 WRX in Blue Pearl about a week ago and man is it an amazing ride. Just wanted to say hey to the community! This is the one pic I was able to get of her nice and clean before the AZ rain took it's toll, in need of a wash now, haha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ubi.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum & congrats.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Good job man.. I love the color, plans for the car?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks! So far I've been looking into exhausts, I really want to hear the subie rumble, haha.

Nothing like the sound of a nicely equipped Subaru

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nice! love the WRB.

for the rumble w/o being obnoxious i would go with the Cobb cat back. my buddy has it on his STi and our cars sound similar... nice rumble, little to no drone.

i have the Greddy SP Elite but they no longer make it. i was in a quandary between the SPT, Cobb and Greddy. another one to check out is the mad dad whisper (sp) or nameless in person... heard those at a roof top meet. was impressed.

ETA: link to my photo album / progress on the Rex. Doc68W40's Library | Photobucket
    Last edited by WRXchet; 07-29-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Thanks for the info, I've been looking into the invidia exhausts, like the q300 and the n1. I was wondering how loud they are in person since a youtube vid can only do so much.

Sweet ride man, and welcome to the Club! I was thinking about getting that color in a sedan, but a little boyish for me, I'm 34 so I went with the dark gray metallic....

Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    Sweet ride man, and welcome to the Club! I was thinking about getting that color in a sedan, but a little boyish for me, I'm 34 so I went with the dark gray metallic....
    LOL Im 35 and just got done painting my sti lambo orange. I guess the little boy came out in me HEHE!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Lee View Post
    Thanks for the info, I've been looking into the invidia exhausts, like the q300 and the n1. I was wondering how loud they are in person since a youtube vid can only do so much.
    i forgot to mention i had the Q300 for two weeks and had to take it off. it was way too loud for a daily driver....
    Ice Silver Metal

Quote Originally Posted by WRXchet View Post
    i forgot to mention i had the Q300 for two weeks and had to take it off. it was way too loud for a daily driver....
    Welcome! I just picked up the q300 a week ago for my new 13wrx hatchback and it still has that nasty new exhaust smell. I like the deep rumble it outputs but I feel that it gets more quiet when in higher rpms. I was expecting it to be louder! A little soft for my ears..

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Welcome! I just picked up the q300 a week ago for my new 13wrx hatchback and it still has that nasty new exhaust smell. I like the deep rumble it outputs but I feel that it gets more quiet when in higher rpms. I was expecting it to be louder! A little soft for my ears..
    yeah, it's very subjective. the guy i sold it to saw my Greddy SP and asked me if was more quiet. i told him yes... but they no longer make it. so he's looking at Cobb TBE's and Mad Dad Whisper (sp) because his commute is similar to mine, all highway and in / out of traffic.

that Q300 used to make me feel woozy from the constant sound-waves going through my body... i would feel tired and almost get headaches... i'm 36, excellent physical conditioning (i work out, shoot, constantly around generators and idling diesel trucks, EMT and HAZMAT Tech / paper pusher in the military)....

**this is for hatch, i know the Q300 on a Sedan is NOT bad at all... it drones something terrible in the hatch backs! buyer be aware, listen to them in person.

like i wrote previously, the SPT, Cobb and SP Elite will give a nice boxer rumble but not obnoxiously loud. I don't even know how people roll w/ the N1. a guy that lives near me has the N1 or something equally loud on his hawk-eye STi and i can hear him two blocks away! LOL
    Ice Silver Metal

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.