quick question...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on quick question... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ive had my wrx for six months now and had an ex of mine get e into the forums from ...

quick question...

ive had my wrx for six months now and had an ex of mine get e into the forums from my previous car but i had a question on the blow off valves i guess, well i want my car to make that cool sound when i shift but dont know which to buy or like the right one for my car please help i have a 2010 wrx hatchy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome...You don't want to get an atmospheric BOV, that won't be the best decision for the health of your car. I would recommend getting an aftermarket intake (cold air intake or short ram) if you want the "whoosh" sound. Just keep in mind that you will need a tuning solution. Popular intakes are Perrin (you can get a stage 1 map from Perrin designed to work with their intake), and also COBB or AEM, which COBB designs stage 1 maps for. Popular tuning solutions for off the shelf maps (not professionally tuned), are the accessport from COBB, or if you go opensource the tactrix cable with a laptop.

:0 I'm sorry I'm just so lost with everything that you said!! Umm I'll look up wheels instead

I Support ClubWRX
    Take some time and read through this...First Modifications - what to do and not to do

It will answer a lot of questions that beginners have. One piece of advice would be to do a ton of research before you do anything to modify your car. Research and ask questions.

BTW...Welcome!

turbo xs 50/50
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Thanks! I also like these wheels 17x8 would they fit good on my wrx?

XXR Wheels: 531 17x8 Platinum Rims

Quote Originally Posted by marissuhhwrx View Post
    Thanks! I also like these wheels 17x8 would they fit good on my wrx?

XXR Wheels: 531 17x8 Platinum Rims
    That offset is incorrect.

XXRs are pretty crappy wheels all around...I'd look for something better.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

theyd fit but not well. the offset is too low. i beieve stock offset is +53 youll want around that for your wheels. +25 will make them stick out too far. with the new generation wrx's id go bigger and wider, like 18x9. most members here do not like XXR's. if you dont want to spend a lot go Rota wheels for the cheapest option. check out wheeldude.com

look for offset +53 maybe to +48

5x100 wheel lug pattern
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to clubdub. Regarding your original post, I suggest reading this,
    ---- BOV / Blow Off Valve Information ---

and this
    Blowoff Valve (BOV) FAQ

& LOL at
    Quote Originally Posted by marissuhhwrx View Post
    :0 I'm sorry I'm just so lost with everything that you said!
    That would've been me just a few months ago, I would've had to Google just about every third word in 11blackSTi's first response
    Last edited by Shoopster; 07-29-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Well thanks for the help guys I'll post up pics later

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome...You don't want to get an atmospheric BOV, that won't be the best decision for the health of your car. I would recommend getting an aftermarket intake (cold air intake or short ram) if you want the "whoosh" sound. Just keep in mind that you will need a tuning solution. Popular intakes are Perrin (you can get a stage 1 map from Perrin designed to work with their intake), and also COBB or AEM, which COBB designs stage 1 maps for. Popular tuning solutions for off the shelf maps (not professionally tuned), are the accessport from COBB, or if you go opensource the tactrix cable with a laptop.
    I'm still a huge newb, but I've done a fair amount of reading. From what I understand, a lot of turbos out there vent gasses out of the engine, whereas the turbo on a WRX recirculates those gasses back into the engine/exhaust. If you bought an atmospheric BOV, your cars engine would not react well.

A better solution (besides leaving your car stock) would be to acquire a tuner (a pro-tuner, a Cobb AccessPORT, or some other option) and a cold-air intake such as found here:

COBB Tuning - Subaru SF Intake and SF Airbox Kit

The combination of an cold-air intake and a reliable tune will give your car the 'woosh' sound and a longer life.

Yea I was like WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    Welcome to clubdub. Regarding your original post, I suggest reading this,
    ---- BOV / Blow Off Valve Information ---

and this
    Blowoff Valve (BOV) FAQ

& LOL at

That would've been me just a few months ago, I would've had to Google just about every third word in 11blackSTi's first response

Yes I'm going to save up for an intake

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
    I'm still a huge newb, but I've done a fair amount of reading. From what I understand, a lot of turbos out there vent gasses out of the engine, whereas the turbo on a WRX recirculates those gasses back into the engine/exhaust. If you bought an atmospheric BOV, your cars engine would not react well.

A better solution (besides leaving your car stock) would be to acquire a tuner (a pro-tuner, a Cobb AccessPORT, or some other option) and a cold-air intake such as found here:

COBB Tuning - Subaru SF Intake and SF Airbox Kit

The combination of an cold-air intake and a reliable tune will give your car the 'woosh' sound and a longer life.

Just make sure you combine an intake with a tune. Otherwise you'll have a whole list of new problems down the road.

thankzz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.