from import to domestic.. back to import?

This is a discussion on from import to domestic.. back to import? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey gang! here's the short story! a couple years back i bought a 2004 GTO with WAY low miles. it ...

from import to domestic.. back to import?

hey gang!
    here's the short story! a couple years back i bought a 2004 GTO with WAY low miles. it was a fun car with acceleration that always put a huge grin on your face... and it was a damn near anonymous car. unless somebody KNEW it was a GTO, people never even looked. i liked it, but never loved it

SO, i had about $5000.00 equity in it, and my wife's 1998 4runner with 222,222 miles while running great, is getting a little old for me to feel comfortable sending her across town in it everyday. so i traded in my GTO on a new 2014 mazda 6... which, by the way, is awesome! but what about me? i still have the need for speed!

SO, i'm thinking i'm going to buy a first gen WRX come next tax season! honestly, i'm doing now what i should have done in the first place i like my cars lighter and more "tossable" but i allowed my old school love of a V8 rumble get to me

anyway, hit me up, or look me up on facebook. i'm a little crazy, but.. well.. okay, i'm a little crazy!

look forward to learning new things!
    mike davidson

and, of course, technically, i was always in an import

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, welcome. The GTO was faster than the 02 WRX. That's still a fun car though but very different to the GTO. Test drive and see what you think.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i actually test drove a WRX when they first hit showroom floors over here and loved it! i've driven a couple of friends cars since then. so far as interior fit and finish the GTO was head and shoulders above just about anything.. the seats are absolutely amazing! and speed? well, since i won't be making payments on the WRX, extra speed comes with extra money! thinking the first thing that's going to happen is a cobb exhaust

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you have a great, positive attitude. Good for you! Happy shopping!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thank you! i've just unloaded a ton of stress from my life, so that will help your attitude! i'm not always kitty cats and rainbows though! LOL

Welcome and good luck!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

never been a fan of the new goats, remind me of a shark when i look at them lol
    still would like to drive one though

i think youll be very happy in a wrx
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Stock-for-stock, the GTO is much quicker in a straight line than the WRX. The LS1 or LS2 motors also take to modifications much easier -- my coworker has about $4k invested into his GTO with a blower and is making just south of 500whp. I have more money invested and am lucky to put down hardly north of 300whp. That being said, he believes that the WRX handles better than the GTO. I'm not sure I agree from driving his car, but I can tell you that his GTO (LS2 variant) spends nearly 70% of its time sideways when driven hard. It's an incredible car, however, especially at the price point you can buy used GTOs these days. However, it is a heavy car and the driving dynamics are completely separate from a WRX. I hope Pavia makes his way in here... he's the only member (to my knowledge) on these boards that owns both a WRX and a GTO.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/