Noobie noob on Subaru'b WRX. Choose '13 or '14 model. WTH!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noobie noob on Subaru'b WRX. Choose '13 or '14 model. WTH! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey gang! Just joined this forum and really interested in purchasing a new WRX. I'll mostly interested in the the ...

Noobie noob on Subaru'b WRX. Choose '13 or '14 model. WTH!

Hey gang!
    Just joined this forum and really interested in purchasing a new WRX. I'll mostly interested in the the care, maintenance, and maybe some mods, but it'll be my daily driver. I presently own a 4runner and still love that car at 300k miles, but it's time for a change. I test drove a Subaru Wrx limited and really loved it, I even switched drivers and had the salesperson drive the car while I sat in the back. I'm about 6' and was surprised to find a lotta of leg room and comfort as I told the sales guy to gun it around the turns. I think from a passengers stand point, it'll be fun. It's pretty obvious that I know what I want, but do I get the 2013 or should I wait for the 2014 and now hearing talks of the 2015(life and all it's choices - must be hard?). I did some research and, correct me if i'm wrong, but I found out that the 2014 is going down to a 2.0L and hopefully adopting it's engine from the BRZ, which is to make it more fuel efficient. I'm a little confused so please set me straight...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!

And with that out of the way, on to your questions...

Quote Originally Posted by mrock View Post
    Hey gang!
    I did some research and, correct me if i'm wrong, but I found out that the 2014 is going down to a 2.0L and hopefully adopting it's engine from the BRZ, which is to make it more fuel efficient. I'm a little confused so please set me straight...
    Negative. 2014MY WRX will be the same as 2013MY WRX. No changes to the WRX until 2015. Not sure what impact price will have with the changes to the 2015MY WRX, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was significantly more expensive...

If you want one now, then get the 2013...but your options will be limited to what's available in dealer stock. If you can wait and you want specific options/configurations, just order a 2014.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with Jimbo since that's exactly what I've been told as well. However, until Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company) makes any sort of announcement, it's all complete speculation. If you like the '13, I'd go find one or pounce on that Limited you drove. There's no guarantee the '14 will look the same or be the same.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    If you like the current generation, buy now. If the 2015 comes out and turns out to be a flop, the 3g's will fly off the shelf and even the used prices will be high.

Get in touch with a dealer, tell them what you want, and tell them you want it soon. They can find what you want, but it will probably be from miles away. They will work with you on shipping costs. They paid for my shipping on my 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    If you like the current generation, buy now. If the 2015 comes out and turns out to be a flop, the 3g's will fly off the shelf and even the used prices will be high.

Get in touch with a dealer, tell them what you want, and tell them you want it soon. They can find what you want, but it will probably be from miles away. They will work with you on shipping costs. They paid for my shipping on my 2013.

thanks all for the replies, being new to Subaru, have they ever come out with dud? and what car was it. thanks in advance.

thanks all for the replies, being new to Subaru, have they ever come out with dud? and what car was it. thanks in advance.
    That's a tough question...duds are in the eyes of the beholder. Some would suggest that some MY WRXs are "duds". It's possible that the 2015MY body re-design may not take to the masses...hard to predict right now.

I would suggest you wait to see how reliable the 2015MY is before buying. This is particularly important since it's more than a body re-design (2.0L with a new turbo). If the 2015MY WRX looks reliable, then make a move on a clean used 2015 or a new 2016.

If you love the 2010-2013 WRX body style or the 2.5L Boxer, then stick with the 2013 or 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

And with that out of the way, on to your questions...

Negative. 2014MY WRX will be the same as 2013MY WRX. No changes to the WRX until 2015. Not sure what impact price will have with the changes to the 2015MY WRX, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was significantly more expensive...

If you want one now, then get the 2013...but your options will be limited to what's available in dealer stock. If you can wait and you want specific options/configurations, just order a 2014.

I was just at the dealership talking with my salesman the other day. You guys are both right in a way. It is anticipated that the 2.5T is going to be phased out, and that they will use a 2.0T based off the BRZ's engine. It is currently being put into the 2014 Subaru Forester, which has the option for a 2.5 NA or a 2.0T which is the BRZ engine. He was also saying that this engine was designed to reduce the dreaded lag in the current 2.5T.

Just something to keep an eye out for.

Quote Originally Posted by jkonigsb View Post
    I was just at the dealership talking with my salesman the other day. You guys are both right in a way. It is anticipated that the 2.5T is going to be phased out, and that they will use a 2.0T based off the BRZ's engine. It is currently being put into the 2014 Subaru Forester, which has the option for a 2.5 NA or a 2.0T which is the BRZ engine. He was also saying that this engine was designed to reduce the dreaded lag in the current 2.5T.

Just something to keep an eye out for.
    There's a lag? I didn't really noticed when I test drove it. what do you mean by lag? Sorry still learning, thanks for the info tho'.

Hey guys! Just purchased a 2013 WRX STI in WR Blue. LOVE IT!!!!

Be sure to shop around. I ended up getting $2k off the sticker when originally told they sell for sticker.

Mine has the SPT performance exhaust and short throw shifter. Already added a Forge Blow Off Valve and just ordered the Perrin Engine Dress Up Kit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcadams View Post

Be sure to shop around. I ended up getting $2k off the sticker when originally told they sell for sticker.

Mine has the SPT performance exhaust and short throw shifter. Already added a Forge Blow Off Valve and just ordered the Perrin Engine Dress Up Kit.
    Congrats on your purchase sedan or wagon? Also are you sure you want to Forge BOV? why not spend the money on a acessport or protune
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by jmcadams View Post

Congrats on your new purchase. What dealership did you go through?

Congrats on your new purchase. What dealership did you go through?
    Subaru of plano

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.